Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Sep 13, 2015 @ 05:41
    Nicholas Westby

NuGet Package Restore All Umbraco CMS Files?

I am developing a package for Umbraco, and my hope was that I could have a sample website in the repo that has Umbraco installed in it, but that I wouldn't have to commit any of the files to my repo. The idea being that NuGet package restore would add those files on build (keeping those files out of my repo avoids repo bloat).

However, I found that NuGet package restore only restores some of the files added by the Umbraco CMS package. For example, it adds the umbraco and umbraco_client folders. However, it doesn't add the global.asax or the Config folder (among others).

Is there some way to have NuGet package restore re-add all the files added by the Umbraco CMS NuGet package?

If I'm going about this the wrong way, I'm open to alternatives. I'd also like to hear how you all go about developing Umbraco packages, especially with regard to how you make it easier for other developers to start contributing to your packages as frictionlessly as possible.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, this is the repo I'm currently trying out these ideas in: https://github.com/Nicholas-Westby/uformsia (the Website.sln is the solution containing the Umbraco website).

• Renan Franca 13 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 13, 2017 @ 21:53
    Renan Franca

I had the same problem! And my only alternative was to commit the package folder too

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft