Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 12:00
    Stephan Lonntorp

Is it possible to get dictionary items from a property editor?

is it possible at all?

Are there any other routes to go for property localization?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 12:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephan

I don't know if there is a way to connect the property editor with dictionary items.

But if you wish to localize your property editor I think you should have a peak at how the Archetype guys are currently doing it. https://github.com/imulus/Archetype

If I remember correctly someone posted about contributing localization stuff to the core based on a Youtube video Niels uploaded last year where he made some nice stuff using json as dictionaries for a property editor. Don't know if the feature request has been logged on the issue tracker though. But right here and now I would probably go with the approach the Imulus guys are using.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:06
    Stephan Lonntorp

Hi Jan,

their solution looks fine, however, I see some issues with it as well (and I've posted an issue about it), in that it doesn't honor "regular" Umbraco dictionary keys. You can't translate Archetype fieldset properties in the same way you translate regular properties in Umbraco.

But it has given me a few things to think about and try out, thanks for your input.

//S

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephan

Yep it would be nice if it could be hooked up with dictionary items indeed. That way it would be possible to have the default translation out of the box and then edit it as required using dictionary items, which should then take precedens over the default translation.

Glad it helped some at least.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft