Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 23:42
    Nigel Wilson

Custom Section Headings

Hi there

I have just started redeveloping the tag manager package for V7.

As per the screenshots below can anyone enlighten as to how you control the headings as highlighted.

On the first image I was simply wondering how to get rid of the square brackets.

The second image also has the square brackets but then the main heading on the right has both the square brackers and "sections_"

I have checked the Applications.config and trees.config and confirm entries have been populated into there.

I have also added an entry in /umbraco/config/lang/en.xml

Can anyone please enlighten ?

Thanks

Nigel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 09:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nigel

Usually the square brackets incline that a translation of the text is missing...I have seen this issue myself when I tried to localize a package using the ui.xml/en.xml files where it never changed. Don't know if I missed clearing the browser cache, recycling the app pool or perhaps forgot to see if it helped to delete the /app_data/temp/clientdependency files and the incrementing the version number in /config/clientdependency.config.

However if possible I would try to go for an approach where you don't add keys to any Umbraco related files since it's a mess when someone is going to upgrade their core Umbraco installation.

I don't know if the approach that Kevin and Tom are using with Archetype could perhaps also be a valid approach for you? When I get back to my own package I'm going to see if I can use their approach. They havde created a langs folder with files for each language they want to support and then they're using a service to handle the translation of labels in their core files using the directive.

I hope this can be used :)

/Jan

Apr 19, 2014 @ 20:13
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Jan

Thanks for your reply. 

I had actually tried deleting my post immediately after loading it as I solved my problem. I didn't think to check that the delete functionality hadn't worked.

My issue was a typo in the Application class - usual story, first check the simple things before looking into more complex things...

Cheers, Nigel

Apr 19, 2014 @ 20:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nigel

Ah ok :) But I still think the approach used on Archetype is the better way to go about it in v7 though.

But happy to hear you figured it out.

Cheers, Jan

Apr 19, 2014 @ 20:38
    Nigel Wilson

Hey Jan

I do agree that it would be a good way to go.

For now the V7 learning curve is sufficient and will be quite happy to get the tag manager package updated. :-)

Maybe once I get it coded, and before I release the package, I could take a look at what you have suggested.

Cheers

Nigel

Apr 19, 2014 @ 20:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nigel

Yes one should learn to crawl before walking.

I was hoping this WIP by Niels was finished https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJyaiYfNW6s - But unfortunately it's not...but it would be really nice and simple to deal with localization this way...I hope it makes it into the core at some point.

Hope you have fun finishing your package for v7 :)

Cheers, Jan

• arun 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 18, 2017 @ 19:26
    arun

am facing the same issue what is the fix for this

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft