Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 23:57
    David Zweben

Manifests for built-in property editors?

I'm trying to start learning how to create Angular-based property editors for Umbraco 7. I found the places in the Umbraco 7 source code where the views and controllers for the bulit-in property editors are stored, but I haven't been able to find manifests to go along with those. I was hoping to reference these to learn by example.

Does anyone know where I could find these? Or are the built-in editors somehow different, and don't have manifests?

For anyone who wants to take a look at the code I did find, here's where they are:

Built-in property editor views: /Umbraco/Views/propertyeditors/

Built-in property editor controllers: /Umbraco/Js/umbraco.controllers.js

Thanks,
    David

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 06, 2013 @ 09:28
    Per Ploug

Hi David

The core property-types are built using a c# class, gives us less files to worry about in our distribution, so thats why you cant find a manifest, this doc is a good start:

http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/tutorials/manifest

and a another sample: http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/tutorials/CreatingAPropertyEditor

/Per

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 08, 2014 @ 15:28
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Per,

Is it also possible for Package devs to use the C# classes or are those internal? It feels a bit weird to write a JSON file by hand.

Thanks,

Richard

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 14, 2014 @ 11:44
    Per Ploug

Sure you can use those classes, they give you the same functionality as the package.manifest, just in c#

Jan 14, 2014 @ 11:51
    Richard Soeteman

Yes figured out last week :)

• TikTakToe 60 posts 102 karma points
    Jan 31, 2014 @ 18:39
    TikTakToe

Hi Richard

Any chance of a brain dump of what you figured out - I'd like to do the same.

thanks in advance

Ian

Feb 01, 2014 @ 07:16
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Ian,

Sure but Tim already wrote a blogpost http://www.nibble.be/?p=415 Just derive from PropertyEditor and decorate with the PropertyEditor attribute. In case you need any additional CSS or (controller) Javascript file decorate your class with PropertyEditorAsset also. Look at the constructor Tim used in the bogpost. This is how you can setup the properties you normally set in the Javascript file.

Hope this helps,

Richard

• TikTakToe 60 posts 102 karma points
    Feb 01, 2014 @ 11:53
    TikTakToe

Hi Richard

Perfect, just what i was looking for!

Many thanks

Ian

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Sep 14, 2017 @ 09:14
    Jonathan Roberts

Hi,

Im looking for the Package.Manifest files for the RelatedLinks control. I want to create my own control based on the RelatedLinks control and as I dont want to fully reinvent the wheel I would like to use the existing code but change it ever so slightly in my own App_plugins section.

Unfortunately the model.config is undefined and I need to know where this is set up in the Manifest file.

Is there available source out there that can allow me to populate the config for that control?

Thanks

Jon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft