Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Kahler 36 posts 78 karma points
    Nov 13, 2015 @ 11:47
    James Kahler

Unable to publish after period of time

Hi

This is a bit of an odd issue, this relates to umbraco 7.1.8. We are having a problem where creating content with a certain document type prevents publishing.

After publishing the red bar appears with the error undefined, no messages appear in the logs. The page then says its published by we get a Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)

To clear this we delete the umbraco.config and restart the application pool. Everything is fine after this for a period we can publish without error but then it will stop working again.

This only happens in the live environment and only to the one document type.

The site has been running fine for nearly two years. I'm really struggling because it only happens in the live environment and I have no error logs.

Has anyone had anything like this before?

• Per Olsson 47 posts 307 karma points
    Nov 13, 2015 @ 12:04
    Per Olsson

Does the particular document type that causes the error have any non UTF-8 characters or Base64 encoding? Those will corrupt the umbraco.config since it's not valid XML.

Otherwise there is a issue report around same error (?) if you can contribute to the report in any way since the Umbraco team was unable to reproduce the error.
    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6819

• James Kahler 36 posts 78 karma points
    Nov 13, 2015 @ 12:52
    James Kahler

thanks for the reply, it's not the content because after deleting the umbraco.config the node is published and in the xml.

What I can't work out is what is happening over a period of time which prevents the publishing on this doc type. I can publish as many as i want after deleting the umbraco.config file but then at some point something is happening which stops the publishing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft