Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sandro 45 posts 118 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 10:48
    Sandro

Child document type tab order

Why does Umbraco place the inherited tabs on the left side of a new content node? Wouldn't it be better to place it on the right site?

e.g. I use a document type called "Textpage" with a "Content"-Tab which inherits from document type "Textpage Master". In the "Textpage Master" I created a "Meta"-Tab to define meta tags for the site.  Now, if I want to create a new content node the first tab I see is the "Meta"-Tab.

I'd rather like to see the "Content"-Tab first and on the left side. Maybe this is just a really small thing, but it annoys me a bit.

• Anders Burla 2560 posts 8256 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 11:04
    Anders Burla

Yes i would be better, but you can fix it with the order number. Set the meta tab to 2 ( or 20 if you always want it last ) and then it should be in the order you require.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 11:04
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Sandro,

Here's a little tip (Maybe I should blog about this). In the Textpage Master Documenttype change the Meta Taborder to 90 or any high number. Then open the Document again and you will see that the Meta tab is on the right.

Hope this helps you,

Richard

• Sandro 45 posts 118 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 11:45
    Sandro

wow this is really cool, just what I wanted. Many thanks you two! :)

• Martijn Maris 37 posts 235 karma points MVP
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 11:48
    Martijn Maris

Hi Richard,

I was struggling with this issue also. What I liked to have was the ability to place the inherited tabs at any place. Like:

Tab 1, Tab 2 (inherited), Tab 3, Tab 4 (inherited), Tab 5 (inherited), Tab 6.

With your solution this will also be possible I think

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 07, 2009 @ 11:05
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Martijn,

I think that it should work, because it's using the taborder, never tested it though.

Cheers,

Richard

• Martin Östemar 3 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 07, 2010 @ 15:57
    Martin Ă–stemar

However - it seems like the packager in Umbraco 4.5 discards all the sort order information for tabs when creating a package. A tabs element in the manifest looks like this:

<Tabs>
      <Tab>
        <Id>12</Id>
        <Caption>Foo</Caption>
      </Tab>
      <Tab>
        <Id>14</Id>
        <Caption>Fee</Caption>
      </Tab>
    </Tabs>

There's no mention of sort order. And when installing the package above the Foo tab gets order 1 and Fee gets order 2. And, as mentioned by the OP, if you use master content types the actual order will be from the root and downwards in the hierarchy which is reversed to how I would have liked it.

Is this a bug that the order is not included in the package? I haven't been able to get my hands on the source code since CodePlex SVN server keeps timing out for me so I haven't been able to have a look at this. :P

• Martin Östemar 3 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 09:30
    Martin Ă–stemar

I've just had a look at the source code and, yes, it ignores the sort order property on tabs when creating a package (and thus when installing it). I'll report in on CodePlex and submit a patch.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 08, 2013 @ 17:41
    Dan Diplo

Martin, did you ever submit a patch? Because the tab order issue still seems to be happening today with 6.1.6

• sudha 11 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 18, 2014 @ 12:54
    sudha

please submit a patch.Even I have some issues.

• Mark Gil Libres 24 posts 113 karma points
    Apr 28, 2014 @ 09:10
    Mark Gil Libres

on version 7.x the tab order of children doesn't seem to work.. inherited tabs were always placed on the left even when order value is set to 99..

• Markus Johansson 1902 posts 5706 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 11:56
    Markus Johansson

@ Mark - did you post a bug report on this issue?

• Joss 10 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 08:23
    Joss

Same issue here with 7.2.4. Tab on Master document type called "Master" set with sort 90, still appears before "Properties" on the content page tabs.

• bhagirath pancholi 19 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 13:15
    bhagirath pancholi

in seo control i put high number(200) so. whenever you composite seo control in pages. seo control will appear right most side(second last).

i set generic propety control to 201.by that whenever you composite this control. this will appear last. see image

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft