Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Oct 24, 2011 @ 23:28
    Craig Cronin

Reorder properties in an inherited Document Type

Hi, I have a master document type that sets a number of properties throughout the project.  I then have a child document type that sets its own properties.  I need to reorder these properties so they appear first, but can't seem to find it.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 24, 2011 @ 23:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

I don't think it's possible to reorder nodes that have been set on the master level on the child level. Perhaps you could split the properties into two tabs so that you can have the tab defined on the child document type to appear before the tab defined on the master document type for instance.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 24, 2011 @ 23:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Craig,

If I understand your question correctly, you have a master document type, which contain some properties, and then you also have other document types which contain other properties.

Are these properties collected in different tabs?. If so, you have the opportunity to change the sort order in the section Settings --> Document types --> Then select the document type and then the tab name. So under the child document type, you can set the tabs to for example 1, 2 and 3 and for the master document type 4, 5 and 6. The the children tabs, should come first on the page.

Hope this can helps you further and make sense.

/Dennis

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Oct 24, 2011 @ 23:57
    Craig Cronin

Thanks Jan, I've got a feeling this can't be done.

Hi Dennis, I have a root document type with a content property that appears on all document types.  Then I inherit from this and create another document type that adds a property title to the same tab.  I can add properties to the tab but I can't reorder the title property to appear before the inherited content property?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 25, 2011 @ 00:05
    Dennis Aaen

No, as far as I know, it is not possible to sort on properties. It is only possible to create a sort order on the different tabs.

/Dennis

• bhagirath pancholi 19 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 13:15
    bhagirath pancholi

in seo control i put high number(200) so. whenever you composite seo control in pages. seo control will appear right most side(second last).

i set generic propety control to 201.by that whenever you composite this control. this will appear last. see imageyou can not ordering in child page.you should reorder in control which you will going to composite

• vinegar 8 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 23:27
    vinegar

Not sure how exactly this works, is it buggy? Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't. For example I've change a composition IThumbnail order to 5. But the doctype is still not changing and showing original order of 0?

enter image description here

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft