Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Hudiel 32 posts 102 karma points
    Apr 18, 2018 @ 11:43
    John Hudiel

Umbraco Grid Set Default items

Hi Guys,

I am currently using Umbraco's grid system. Is there a way to have the grid contain some already default values? So content creators will not really need to go add the content blocks they need for the grid?

Is there a way to do this? Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2018 @ 12:58
    Nik

Hi John,

What version of Umbraco are you using?

Nik

Apr 18, 2018 @ 13:02
    John Hudiel

Hi Nik,

I'm using Umbraco 7.6, any idea how i can do this?

Apr 18, 2018 @ 13:23
    Nik

Hi John,

Unfortunately not in that version. If you were running version 7.7 or newer you would have something called "Content Templates" available to you. What you can do is create these content templates with pre-populated information, such as your grid layout with the controls you want, dummy text, images etc. Then a user can create content based off of this template making their lives easier.

The idea of the grid, however, is to give the content editor a level of control over the layout. In version 7.7.4 you also gained the ability to limit the number of controls a cell can have.

Sorry, I can't be of more help but it could be worth looking to update your Umbraco to help you get around this problem :-)

Nik

Apr 18, 2018 @ 14:30
    John Hudiel

Hi Nik,

Thanks for the reply!

So i have no way to do it with 7.6 huh? I'll try to upgrade then. Will this Option also work with the doc type grid?

Apr 18, 2018 @ 14:44
    Nik

Hi John,

I'm not 100% that this will solve your issue but you'll at least have tools to help you with it. When you say Doc Type Grid, do you mean this package: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/doc-type-grid-editor/ ?

If so, the content templates side of things should help, I think as that is more closely related to what you will want to use but I've not tried it so can't say for sure.

Nik

Apr 18, 2018 @ 14:47
    John Hudiel

Hi Nik,

Thank you so much for the quick replies, really appreciate the help.

Apr 18, 2018 @ 14:48
    Nik

No problem, we are all here to help each other :-) Hopefully I'm able to point you in the right direction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft