Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Trent Grandey 22 posts 143 karma points
    Jan 23, 2018 @ 21:42
    Trent Grandey

Media Children Lost After Move to Azure

I have a site that has been running on IIS on my local hardware just fine.

Yesterday, I moved the entire site to an Azure instance. I have done this with a few other sites and it has gone smoothly. This time, I have a strange issue.

I have a few pages on my site that show an image gallery. In the content editor, an image folder is chosen and on the template, I get the id of the folder and then iterate over the Children. Suddenly, all the media that I moved to the new site no longer shows any Children of a folder. If I look in the Media section, all looks fine. I can expand the folder and see the images. I can click on each image and it shows. So the visual tree is perfect in the back office.

But on my Razor template, (folder node).Children is suddenly always empty.

To deploy, I exported / imported a data-tier application from my local SQL server to an Azure sql database. Then I ftp'd all the files from the old site to the new, excluding a few folders (cache, logs) in the App_Data folder. I didn't need to copy up all my old logs and I figured the cache would rebuild itself.

As I type this, I wonder if the cache folder holds the parent/child relationship and that's where I went wrong. I would expect a cache to be rebuilt, but maybe not?

Thoughts?

Thanks for any help,

Trent

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 08:22
    Morten Bock

It could be the examine index that need rebuilding.

There is a dashboard in the developer section for that.

• Trent Grandey 22 posts 143 karma points
    Jan 24, 2018 @ 13:37
    Trent Grandey

Thank you, Morten! Umbraco delivers me another "DUH" moment. :)

Trent

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft