Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2017 @ 09:27
    Simon Dingley

How to migrate existing links to UDI's in Upgraded Site

I have a very large site recently upgraded to v7.6.12. Because of the scale of the upgrade and no obvious way to migrate to UDI's we have retained the legacy editors and old content value convertors until we can find a way to migrate all existing content and media links to use UDI's.

I have unfortunately just uncovered an issue though. The RTE link picker saves links with the UDI format and so they are now breaking on the front end of the site.

Can anyone advise what the process is to migrate existing site content links to UDI's? For the time being for RTE content I will need to attempt to check the format before rendering.

Thanks, Simon

Nov 29, 2017 @ 09:36
    Simon Dingley

I'm guessing that the RTE links are broken because I had to disable EnablePropertyValueConverters in the umbracoSettings.config file? Not that it helps me with the current situation where I now have a mix of UDi and legacy links.

Nov 30, 2017 @ 17:10
    Simon Dingley

This is strange because I can not replicate the RTE link issue in a clean install. I've removed the legacy content convertors in my install and enabled the out of the box ones but the links remain the same. My only fix for the moment is to do this:

TemplateUtilities.ParseInternalLinks(slide.GetPropertyValue<string>("caption"))

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 19, 2018 @ 17:03
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Simon

Is there a way how to disable links in udi format for Umbraco 7.6

It's a problem when upgrade to Umbraco 7.6 and old RTEs selected links doesn't work, because they store a value in int and RTE works with UDI even if we disable property Value converters

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft