Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dmitriy 168 posts 588 karma points
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 11:19
    Dmitriy

How to filter pages where children in listview?

Hello. I render navigation recursivly and collided with a problem: I don't want to render items that is a list of items like blog.

What I want:

// Navigation
    Page 1 (has children)
    -- sub-page 1
    -- sub-page 2
    Page 2 (no children)
    Blog (has a lot of children)

So, I would create a property in blog like "isListView" to filter by it, but may be exists a builtin property to do the same?

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 11:23
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Dimitry,

yes you are correct, Umbraco has a builtin property called umbracoNaviHide.

To use this, you need to add a new property of type true/false where you change the alias of the property to: umbracoNaviHide.

Then you can filter your list by using .Where("Visible") and then you will only get the items where this property is set to false.

Hope this helps.

/Michaël

Nov 16, 2017 @ 12:12
    Dmitriy

Hi, Michaël

To use this, you need to add a new property of type true/false where you change the alias of the property to: umbracoNaviHide.

I know about this property, but I don't want to hide parant to list page from navigation, I only want to hide all of children and dont force users to check umbracoNaviHide

Like:

Blog (not hidden) 
    -- blog-post-1 (hidden)
    -- blog-post-2 (hidden)

• Matt Darby 28 posts 391 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 12:17
    Matt Darby

Depending on how you have coded your nav, you could for example exclude the blog posts by their document type alias:

.Where(x => x.DocumentTypeAlias != "blogPost")

Nov 16, 2017 @ 12:29
    Dmitriy

Hi, Matt

I thought about that and I don't like that way, because it is not universal. What if sitetree will be axtended another listview that is not blogpost?

Now I thinking about trying to add a composition document type with one property like "isList" and add it type to every ListView document type

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft