Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Asher 2 posts 102 karma points
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 22:09
    Asher

ImageSlider Macro Failing to Retrieve Result

Hey all,

I'm quite new to Umbraco and web development in general, so if anything I say or do sounds confusing or looks dumb chalk it up to my inexperience, because it probably is.

Disclaimers aside, the title fairly sums up my current situation; I followed the image carousel tutorial Jan Skovgaard put together (thank you by the way) on https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/63259-Image-Carousel-Example, but every time I add the macro to my RTE or try to publish it Umbraco pops an error saying "Failed to retrieve macro result for macro with alias ImageSlider." My code is almost identical to his and I've checked and rechecked the instructions but it hasn't seem to have helped.

I've checked the Logs folder on my computer but it doesn't seem to be saving the error log so I have little to no idea what's actually happening. I've also done a fair bit of research looking through other posts like https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/61621-Partial-view-macro-not-working-in-RTE-Error-is-Failed-to-retrieve-macro-result-for-macro-with-alias, but I can't find anything of use to me or it doesn't register how to use it.

If anyone needs to see a specific section of my code I'd be happy to post it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Asher

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 04, 2017 @ 23:03
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Asher

Welcome to our forum!

What version of Umbraco are you using? can you show the code that you created?

Thanks,

Alex

• Asher 2 posts 102 karma points
    Aug 21, 2017 @ 15:53
    Asher

Hi Alex,

Really sorry for the abandonment of this post. The issue was that I forgot to include the slick stylesheets in the grid datatype, which of course supplied animations for the slider. Thanks though!

Asher

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft