Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 09:09
    Tom Engan

Bug? How to delete ghost links that appear only in frontend?

How can I delete ghost links? After I created a new document type and template, and changed the document type and templates back and forth, and deleted this newly created document type again (that I don't thought I needed after testing a new feature for members) , I now have an additional (double) link in the menu that not should be there. The link appears in view in frontend, but not in content in the backoffice in Umbraco. How can I fix this?

Jul 11, 2017 @ 12:16
    Tom Engan

I would like to find out what causes this error, because I'm a little skeptical before I'm going to offer a potential customer a new integrated solution into Umbraco. It feels much safer to assign new properties to existing document types instead of creating and switching to other document types, but it will be wrong to do so. A new type of document should be assigned a new document type and a new template without any problems, so - someone who knows the solution to this problem?

Now, I need to start all over again with a whole new site, but it's actually a pretty drastic action that normally should be avoided.

• pbl_dk 150 posts 551 karma points
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 13:14
    pbl_dk

I've seen the same thing, but it got solved when either cache ran out or I recycled the app. It's not permanent as far as I remember.

Jul 11, 2017 @ 13:32
    Tom Engan

Is there any way and speed up this process? The problem occurred yesterday and it's still there. Have also tried to republish the entire site, and a health check, but there was no error there.

Jul 11, 2017 @ 13:37
    pbl_dk

Yes, you can download the web.config from the root, and just alter it a bit (set and delete a space anywhere), then re-upload. The website will recycle. Else try another browser, to see if it's locally cached in the browser you are using.

Jul 11, 2017 @ 13:48
    Tom Engan

I work on a local machine, but I have tried and modified web.config, and tested with other browsers, run through ccleaner, and changed version number on clientDependency, without luck.

Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:00
    pbl_dk

That's sad, seems like a real nasty one then. Have you tried deleting App_data> Cache > {all content}.

Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:17
    Tom Engan

I can't delete everything in the directory without creating the database etc. again? Is this something we can do in Visual Studio? How is the procedure?

Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:19
    pbl_dk

In the App_data folder there's a cachefolder. Delete all content inside it, take a backup before doing it. It's just the cache folder for the application.

Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:26
    Tom Engan

Then I tested this too (deleted all content in folder named cache) without the problem disappearing :-/

Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:36
    pbl_dk

Try to hit #umbraco at Twitter and link to this post. Ask for help.

Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:58
    Tom Engan

Thanks, maybe I'll do that afterwards. I haven't actually created an account on Twitter yet :-)

Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:15
    pbl_dk

I know it wont help much here. But the last time I had a similar problem, was when I deleted document types for used pages. Umbraco went nuts a few minutes, then deleted the right cache, and everything was ok. It might be a place in umbraco, where one should tread lightly, only place though I have seen so far.

If your problem persist, we might have to have one from the team to tell where that cache might be, if its cached and not some bug, as you point out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft