Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hubert Thalmann 57 posts 263 karma points
    Jul 10, 2017 @ 13:58
    Hubert Thalmann

Hello our.Umbraco

Im currently using the package Vorto for a Multilingual-Website. How can i make a Fulltext-Search on my Site? What do i need for this and how to i implement it?

Please help me

Kind regards

Hubert

• Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    Jul 11, 2017 @ 13:33
    Jonathan Richards
  • Hubert Thalmann 57 posts 263 karma points
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 12:20
    Hubert Thalmann

Hello Jonathan

Thanks for the great blog post, but i got stuck.

Somehow how the indexing is not working correctly. The pages are being indexed, but as far as i understand.without the needed properties. I've tried to debug it and i've noticed that in the "ExtractForExamine" Method the variable "extractProperties" always ends up as an empty list.

var extractProperties =
                        publishedContent.ContentType.PropertyTypes.Where(
                            x =>
                            PropertyExtractResolver.Current.PropertyExtractItems.Exists(
                                y => y.IsExtractForPropertyType(x.PropertyEditorAlias))).ToList();

i really do not understand this line. Could you please explain to me whats happening here? Thanks in advance

• Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 12:25
    Jonathan Richards

Hi Hubert,

I really suggest getting hold of Jeroen Breuer, hopefully he can give you some of his expert advice.

• Micha Somers 134 posts 597 karma points
    Jul 28, 2017 @ 13:38
    Micha Somers

What kind of fieldtype(s) do you want to index?

In the 1-1-multilingual-example several types are defined as AllowedTypes that can be extracted. These classes can be found under: Umbraco.Extensions\Extract

(Search for: public override string[] AllowedTypes)

If you want to extract a type that is not yet available, you probably (~not done myself yet) have to define your own xxExtractItem class.

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Nov 17, 2017 @ 23:31
    Sotiris Filippidis

I'm having the same problem Hubert has. I've got everything in place, but the list comes up empty.

This looks like it's coming from higher above. The constructor in PropertyExtractResolver.cs:

public PropertyExtractResolver(IEnumerable<Type> extractItems)
            : base(extractItems, ObjectLifetimeScope.Application)
        {
        }

Gets an empty extractItems variable. The "extract" classes are all in place, however nothing Vorto, for example, gets indexed.

I'm using a custom indexer and I've changed the name of the indexer in UmbracoEvents.cs:

protected override void ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {
            var externalIndexer = (UmbracoContentIndexer)ExamineManager.Instance.IndexProviderCollection["PapersIndexer"];
            externalIndexer.GatheringNodeData += this.ExternalIndexerGatheringContentData;
            EditorModelEventManager.SendingContentModel += this.EditorModelEventManagerSendingContentModel;
        }

Other than that, I can't see what's going wrong. Has anybody found the cause? I'm probably doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Nov 18, 2017 @ 15:58
    Sotiris Filippidis

I even created a GIF to show what I mean :) This is the initial call that is supposed to initialize things.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft