Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Travis Schoening 47 posts 173 karma points
    Jun 23, 2017 @ 13:32
    Travis Schoening

Categories: in which content can exist in more than one category

Hello. Very new to Umbraco, and am trying to look further into a requirement I know I'll have.

I'm essentially going to have a portfolio which consists of numerous categories and content items in each category. Each Category will have its own landing page to display content items in that category. However, a content item can exist under more than one category.

In learning Umbraco, it's obviously no problem to just set up the tree structure as such with Portfolio > Categories > Content Items, etc. However does anyone have any insight on how to have a content item exist in more than one category?

I obviously thought about adding an enumeration type field but how would I also associated information for each option so that it displays its landing page and relevant information?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance that can be given!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2017 @ 21:20
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Travis

Possible solution is to use "Multinode Treepicker" - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/multinode-treepicker

Create data type Category picker of type "Multinode Treepicker" and use it on your portfolio items.

Place Categories in some repo node where you will have only categories and pick categories with "Multinode Treepicker" from that repo.

Of course, it's not a perfect solution, because for editors it's not good to see portfolio items in the list and separately the list of categories, but it should solve your problem.

Thanks,

Alex

• Travis Schoening 47 posts 173 karma points
    Jun 23, 2017 @ 21:35
    Travis Schoening

I'll give it a look and try it out when I get a chance. Thanks for the response, appreciate it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft