Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Trent Grandey 22 posts 143 karma points
    May 28, 2017 @ 20:13
    Trent Grandey

I am starting a new site using Umbraco version 7.6.1 assembly: 1.0.6337.40631.

I'm using Archetype as I have in a dozen other sites. I am using @Html.RenderArchetypePartials(Model.Content.GetPropertyValue

I've tried casting the object to a number of different things with no luck.

If I put a MediaPicker on my Document Type directly, I can see that the data is stored the same, but the base property converters work correctly and the usual Umbraco.Field("photo") returns the Id.

Here's how the data is stored: Archetype: {"alias":"photo","value":"umb://media/1912ece0d5954e6891147e712d24ba69"} Doc Type Property: ImageTest: umb://media/48e3a7837af44134a93e8d90141ece74

Is there a way to retrieve this from an Archetype? Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,

Trent

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 28, 2017 @ 21:57
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Trent

Try to use this code:

var mediaItems =  Model.GetValue<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("photo");

"Umbraco.Core.Udi[]" is a type of unified ids that are using in Core with Property Value Converters for getting all data directly from entities.

Thanks,

Alex

May 29, 2017 @ 03:46
    Trent Grandey

Thank you, Alex.

I tried so many things, I'm not sure which one did it, but it all the sudden started returning the media id as expected. I reinstalled everything from nuget and i'm assuming that did it. Obviously one of the type converters wasn't working correctly for some reason.

But I do appreciate your reply!

Trent

May 29, 2017 @ 10:17
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are welcome, Trent.

Ids or UDI settings defined in config option in umbracoSettings.config

Did you read breaking changes in 7.6 version? - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/760-breaking-changes#property-editors-storing-udi-instead-of-id-u4-9310

Alex

May 30, 2017 @ 14:06
    Trent Grandey

I had read that. And I will be looking out for those changes as I update my current sites. This site that I was struggling with was a brand new site and my first one that started with 7.6 Umbraco. I did notice in the definitions that the property editor name was MediaPicker2. I'm guessing that's the new one mentioned in the article.

I was used to Model.GetValue(xxx) returning the ID of the media. As I circled back to this yesterday, I finally started a new Document Type to start from scratch. I did finally get this to work as intended using your suggestion of using the generic to cast it to IPublishedContent. Model.GetValue

I am anxious to see how the upgrade works and affects some of my current sites. I guess that's my next task. But your help certainly got me over the hump on this one.

Much appreciated!

Trent

May 30, 2017 @ 14:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Trent

You are welcome, really enjoy talking with Umbraco developers. Ask more if something.

Cheers,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft