Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 48 posts 108 karma points
    Apr 11, 2017 @ 16:01
    Simon

Multi Node/Media Picker pagination in back office

We have a site that's effectively in production that has one media folder with over 2,000 images in it. There is a document type that uses a Media Picker to add images from this folder. When the media picker loads (as a sidebar) in the backoffice, there is no pagination or filtering so the entire folder loads and will quickly either stall or crash the browser.

Is there any way to configure this picker to use pagination like the main media pages use?

If that is not possible in any way, what custom pickers are available? What is the process for moving to this custom picker without losing any of the existing connections?

Similarly, there is another document type that uses a MultiNodeTreePicker to choose from 2,000+ pieces of content (that uses the document type mentioned above) that loads quite slowly and sometimes stalls/crashes a browser. My questions/concerns are the same as the media picker above.

Thank you in advance for any help on these.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 11, 2017 @ 19:12
    Dan Diplo

There's a couple of changes in the forthcoming Umbraco 7.6 release that may help you. It's currently in Release Candidate status, so should be out soon (or you can try the RC version).

See https://umbraco.com/blog/the-friendliest-beta-ever-umbraco-76/

and https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/760

Apr 11, 2017 @ 19:44
    Simon

There's a couple of changes in the forthcoming Umbraco 7.6 release that may help you.

Briefly looking at the upcoming changes, I don't think they will solve the core issue that there is no pagination or limits on multinode pickers.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 14:32
    Dan Diplo

The new content picker shows all content that can be picked in a paginated list view. Plus it's searchable, too. Isn't this what you want? I'm not sure if it works for media, but it should work for content.

Apr 14, 2017 @ 17:19
    Simon

I suppose that is the mistake of looking briefly :)

Thanks, I will take a closer look.

Apr 12, 2017 @ 13:59
    Simon

Does anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

• Nils Frank 19 posts 89 karma points
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 14:23
    Nils Frank

My only idea is creating a custom media picker by reusing the umbraco media picker and adding your own pagination.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft