Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Planx42 14 posts 55 karma points
    Oct 22, 2016 @ 00:17
    Planx42

Different templates slow on first load, Umbraco 7 with Azure hosting

I have a simple website setup using Azure hosting. I am not using the shared hosting and have a pretty decent medium core standard plan so the site is usually running very fast. I am using Umbraco 7.5.4.

I have a few different templates for the site, and I am noticing that when Azure websites are reset (sometimes this happens if Azure recycles IIS/app pool) each time I hit a new template the page takes awhile to load, sometimes over 30 seconds.. then it's fast again for each template type I've hit.

Can I do some sort of pre-loading to hit every template type when the site is reset so that the pages load faster the next go around? Is this normal behaviour? I apologize for my lack of knowledge as I am used to just straight ASP.NET websites and I realize if I recompile the site and publish it should take a bit to load, but I am seeing upwards of 20-30 seconds for each template type. I appreciate any advice on how to correct this!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 30, 2016 @ 23:34
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Planx42,

I think the problem is in code of your site. It's not a typical problem of Umbraco sites, can you share some code with the community?

Do you have some startup events in your project?

Thanks,

Alex Skrypnyk

• raibow 10 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 01, 2016 @ 20:21
    raibow

It seems to be a similar problem to this one:

http://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/97538/why-after-each-restart-my-local-net-sites-take-time-to-load-for-the-first-time

I have faced that too but I use shared hosting for my solutions. The main cause was that the system was resetting some writing settings on my application folder so the every first hit meant 20-30 seconds of delay.

Unfortunately I do not know how to refer that to Azure cloud hosting...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft