Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ajay Karwal 31 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 25, 2016 @ 09:57
    Ajay Karwal

Lots of Failed (at "http://localhost:80/umbraco") errors this morning

This morning I checked the Trace Logs as I normally do and noticed lots of errors mentioning localhost:80/umbraco

There are two different versions of this error repeating every few minutes

First one is logged by Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing

Failed (at "http://localhost:80/umbraco").
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 127.0.0.1:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.<PerformRunAsync>d__5.MoveNext()

Second is logged by Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive

Failed (at "http://localhost:80/umbraco").
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 127.0.0.1:80
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.KeepAlive.<PerformRunAsync>d__4.MoveNext()

The errors are happening every 2/3 minutes and always at 2 seconds past the minute if that's of any help (e.g. 09:34:02, 09:37:02, 09:41:02)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 25, 2016 @ 12:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ajay

Are you working on this project alone or are you collaborating with other people?

What changes did you make yesterday? Have you been updating your development machine? If so what changes we're made? (Any auto updating of windows that can have messed up something on your machine)

How do you access the database? Is it a local instance of MSSQL or does it exist on another machine? Maybe you're using VPN and have been logged of the VPN or had access revoked?

Please provide as much information about your machine and setup as possible since it can otherwise be hard to give the correct pointers for what to look for :) - I'm thinking it's some kind of permission issue judging from the log info....but not sure how it might have happened over night though.

What exact version of Umbraco are you using?

/Jan

• Ajay Karwal 31 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 25, 2016 @ 13:06
    Ajay Karwal

Umbraco version 7.4.1 assembly: 1.0.5891.23238, Hosted on Azure.

It's a collaborative project with one more dev but we're in sync and only I uploaded a change yesterday.

The changes made yesterday were

1) To one of my Views where a broken image was changed from GetCropUrl to GetResponsiveImageUrl

2) Some logic added to a PartialView which renders Open Graph tags

3) Some CSS.

So you see, nothing game changing.

Where do you think the permissions issue may be?

• Patrik 37 posts 89 karma points
    May 08, 2017 @ 06:58
    Patrik

Hi, Did you resolve this? I just launched a site on Azure, and this is getting logged quite often:

2017-05-04 23:51:41,490 [P12892/D2/T614] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - Failed (at "http://localhost:80/umbraco").
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.

My site runs on Azure App Service. Could it be that localhost:80 isn't what Azure App Service deals with? I'm runnung Umbraco v 7.5.13.

EDIT: Just found this setting in the Azure portal, i'll try enabling web sockets as see if it helps: enter image description here

• Arlan Galvez 44 posts 175 karma points
    Jun 11, 2018 @ 20:05
    Arlan Galvez

Hi there, Could someone solve this issue??? I'm running on Azure(scaled out) webapp with Umbraco 7.6.3 installed and it bothers me that every 5 mins this issue happens and it is logged by log4net and App Insights with no answer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft