Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Engan 430 posts 1173 karma points
    Feb 19, 2016 @ 15:16
    Tom Engan

Umbraco hanging with LeBlender 1.0.8.3 and Umbraco 7.4.x

Umbraco seems normal when I start a new browser,

enter image description here

but a few seconds after I pressed the section "Content", backoffice to Umbraco changes appearance (see textcolor and new black top), and almost impossible to work with since Umbraco hanging.

Umbraco 7.4.0 running on a virtual Windows server 2012 R2 with more than enough memory and CPU available when Umbraco hanging. Anybody have any ideas what this could be?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2016 @ 14:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

That seems very odd - Just wondering if you have checked the logile in /App_Data/Logs to see if it provides any useful information? Also do you see any error messages in the browsers console log?

/Jan

Feb 21, 2016 @ 16:05
    Tom Engan

The last log - can this tell us something?

2016-02-21 16:30:55,011 [P2324/D8/T73] INFO  Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - Application shutdown. Details: BinDirChangeOrDirectoryRename

_shutDownMessage=Change Notification for critical directories.
    bin dir change or directory rename
    HostingEnvironment initiated shutdown
    Change in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\7e6c8738\90c36bf1\hash\hash.web
    HostingEnvironment caused shutdown

_shutDownStack=   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownInternal()
       at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.InitiateShutdownWithoutDemand()
       at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ShutdownAppDomain(String stackTrace)
       at System.Web.HttpRuntime.OnCriticalDirectoryChange(Object sender, FileChangeEvent e)
       at System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.OnCriticaldirChange(Object sender, FileChangeEvent e)
       at System.Web.DirectoryMonitor.FireNotifications()
       at System.Web.Util.WorkItem.CallCallbackWithAssert(WorkItemCallback callback)
       at System.Web.Util.WorkItem.OnQueueUserWorkItemCompletion(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

I've installed a new 7.4.0, and now upgraded it to 7.4.1, and this version is mutch better. Now the macro view is working in backoffice, and now macro work even when inserted in RTE. Very good!

The hanging is better, still there, but now I can click other section after browser refresh. The strange thing is that this only occurs with the 5 first content: Hjem (template 'home'), and Bedrifter, Konsulent, Private, Kontakt (template 'textpage'), and not the rest of the content below.

Don't know if it's a connection, but now I got this error message in VS:

Feb 21, 2016 @ 16:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

How did you do this upgrade? Was it done locally and then deployed to the live server? or did you do it directly on the server? Or what was your process?

Did you try deleting the files in the /App_Data/TEMP folder to see if it made any difference?

/Jan

Feb 21, 2016 @ 16:59
    Tom Engan

Umbraco was upgraded locally with NuGet Packages for Solution (directly on the server). Which files? There are many folders there: ClientDependency, DistCache, ExamineIndexes, filopplasting, Installer, PluginCache. Can I delete all files in these catalogues?

Edit: Deleted all files in /App_Data/TEMP, but no result.

Well, must go now, but will be back tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far. I must continue this tomorrow.

Feb 22, 2016 @ 12:18
    Tom Engan

And no difference when I refresh browser where the links works fine, and where the links hang.

This hanging makes it impossible to add new content under node 'Hjem', so this is critical for me. I obviously can reinstall everything, but at the same time the best would be to fix this error, so I/we know what to do another time if this problem occurs.

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    Feb 22, 2016 @ 14:04
    Fredrik Esseen

I had a similar problem when we produced a website with umbraco and nopCommerce integrated. If I was logged into the admin of nopCommerce and jumped to Umbraco while the session was stilled active the backend behaved really strange and changed its layout.

So Im thinking that you are running another application in the same installation with a membership login. Could that be accurate?

Feb 22, 2016 @ 14:30
    Tom Engan

Now I have stopped all other sites with IIS, except this. And I created a new user with access to only the media and content, logged me in as a new user, but the result is exactly the same. Nothing is changed. Or is there something else you think I can try?

Note: I've installed LeBlender package, and it's not tested for 7.4.x.

Feb 22, 2016 @ 18:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Not quite sure what could be the issue here - Is this 100% Umbraco or do you have any kind of integration fetching data using 3rd party API's or something that might be the bottleneck?

/Jan

Feb 22, 2016 @ 18:22
    Tom Engan

I just updated previous post (so the change will not appear until refresh). LeBlender is installed, and some issues are found, and a new release will soon be published. I'll of course try the new version: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/leblender/general-discussion/75286-umbraco-74

Feb 22, 2016 @ 18:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Ah ok, good to know. Hopefully those fixes will resolve the issue then :)

/Jan

Feb 23, 2016 @ 14:17
    Tom Engan

I've renamed the \App_Plugins\LeBlender\package.manifest file, and the hanging disappeared, so it is obvious that LeBlender need to be upgraded if someone want to upgrade to Umbraco 7.4.x.

Mar 02, 2016 @ 17:14
    Tom Engan

An upgrade from LeBlender 1.0.8.3 to 1.0.8.4 didn't change anything, so I've startet a new project. After a total new install of Umbraco 7.4.1 and LeBlender 1.0.8.4 the new project started very well.

The problem starts immediately again right after after I inserted a SurfaceController into section Content.

But the real weird thing are that I now have deleted the SurfaceController with all associated files, and clean the cache, and build the project, the problem still remains! The only way to stop breaking Umbraco backoffice, is to rename the LeBlender folder (or manifest-file), but the problem offcourse come back when I rename it back again - even there isn't any trace of this SurfaceController that I can see (the SurfaceController was a three field ContactForm example: Name, Email and Message, but it's all deleted).

So what is going on here?

• Cristhian Amaya 52 posts 423 karma points
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 11:25
    Cristhian Amaya

Hey Tom

Did you have any custom editor created with LeBlender or it was a clean installation?

Cheers.

Mar 03, 2016 @ 12:47
    Tom Engan

Except the carousel and tab that comes with LeBlender, I have made 3 editors (iframe, modal and portofolio).

I see now that backoffice breaks only when at least one of LeBlender editors are used, and it happens also with only use of carousel and tab - immediately after the LeBlender editor is inserted in content - before I press "Save and publish".

Mar 03, 2016 @ 13:08
    Tom Engan

I see now that if I uncheck "Render in the grid", the problem is gone! Is this a bug that "Render in the grid" break the Umbraco backoffice? I didn't see this problem before I inserted a SurfaceController, but offcourse it could be a coincidence..

Mar 03, 2016 @ 13:23
    Tom Engan

I find a solution of this here: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/leblender/bug-reports/74932-error-when-i-check-render-in-the-grid I can remove ViewStart.cshtml, or comment out Layout = "~/Views/Shared/Layout.cshtml", and the problem is gone (and "Render in the grid" also work now).

• Cristhian Amaya 52 posts 423 karma points
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 16:41
    Cristhian Amaya

Glad you figured it out :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft