Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jared 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 15, 2016 @ 19:48
    Jared

Umbraco migration from one hosting provider to another

I currently have two umbraco sites which I'm trying to migrate from hosting provider to another.

Site 1 - running Umbraco 7.2.4 I have copied over all the website files. I have a backup of the database. When I compare the live site and the copy, it seems I don't have all the media files that are currently on live. What could cause this issue? Do I perhaps not have the most recent backup of the database, have I not copied over my files correctly?

Site 2 - running Umbraco 6.0.5 Same as above, I have copied the files and also have a backup of the database. When comparing to the live site, I'm missing properties on some of the document types on the copied version. Again, has the hosting provider not given me the latest backup (they assured me they have) Or are there some files I have not copied across correctly.

I'm going in circles with the hosting providers, but I can only assume I don't have the latest version of the databases?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 15, 2016 @ 20:43
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

assuming the sites are just hosted normally and don't have anything fancy (like azure or amazon storage for media or something)

Site 1 - thing i would check (in the umbraco backend) - does umbraco think it has an entry for the media file in the media tree ? (is there an entry in there?) but when you look the files are missing? if so then you probably haven't got all of the files from the media folder.

if there isn't an entry umbraco for the media (so you get a gray box where the media should be?), then your database isn't updated or something is missing

If the media is in the back end of umbraco but not on your site, rebuild the examine indexes (in developer tab) this might be out of sync/date.

Site 2: if you are missing properties on documents in umbraco then probably your database isn't right. there isn't any config for doctypes on the disk so if you can't see properties when logged in it's missing from the db.

again if this is the front end of the site, republish the site from within umbraco as the published cache may be wrong.

Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft