Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johannes Giske 8 posts 121 karma points
    Nov 23, 2015 @ 11:29
    Johannes Giske

Nuget Install always fails

I'm working on a project using Umbraco 7.3.1, Ucommerce 6.8.3, NuGet 3.2.6 and running Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10 pro (x64)

For some reason I am unable to install any Nuget package in the project. This problem seems to appear after I install ucommerce in the project.

Here is an example where I attempt to install jQuery. Note that this issue is not related to jQuery, I get this error with all packages.

PM> Install-Package jQuery
    Attempting to gather dependencies information for package 'jQuery.2.1.4' with respect to project '[Project-Name]', targeting '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6'
    Attempting to resolve dependencies for package 'jQuery.2.1.4' with DependencyBehavior 'Lowest'
    Resolving actions to install package 'jQuery.2.1.4'
    Resolved actions to install package 'jQuery.2.1.4'
    Adding package 'jQuery.2.1.4' to folder 'C:\Projects\uCommerce\[Project-Name]\packages'
    Added package 'jQuery.2.1.4' to folder 'C:\Projects\uCommerce\[Project-Name]\packages'
    Added package 'jQuery.2.1.4' to 'packages.config'
    Executing script file     'C:\Projects\uCommerce\[Project-Name]\packages\jQuery.2.1.4\tools\install.ps1'
    Successfully installed 'jQuery 2.1.4' to [Project-Name]
    Install failed. Rolling back...
    Removed package 'jQuery 2.1.4' from 'packages.config'
    Executing script file 'C:\Projects\uCommerce\[Project-Name]\packages\jQuery.2.1.4\Tools\uninstall.ps1'
    Removing package 'jQuery 2.1.4' from folder 'C:\Projects\uCommerce\[Project-Name]\packages'
    Removed package 'jQuery 2.1.4' from folder 'C:\Projects\uCommerce\[Project-Name]\packages'
    Install-Package : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-Package jQuery
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

The odd thing here is that if first sais Successfully installed 'jQuery 2.1.4' to [Project-Name], immediately followed by Install failed. Rolling back...

I never seem to get any usefull stack trace.

A colleague of mine who initially set up this project also has the same problem.

We have tried a lot of things, including a clean reinstall of windows and setting up the entire project from scratch again with new solution files and a new database, but the problem always comes back.

EDIT: Here is a list of all the currently installed NuGet-packages

Id Versions Antlr {3.4.1.9004} AutoMapper {3.0.0} ClientDependency {1.8.4} ClientDependency-Mvc5 {1.8.0.0} Examine {0.1.68.0} HtmlAgilityPack {1.4.9} idseefeld.de.UmbracoAzure {1.0.0.0} ImageProcessor {2.3.0.0} ImageProcessor.Web {4.4.0.0} Lecoati.LeBlender {1.0.8.2} Lucene.Net {2.9.4.1} Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.Core {2.2.1} Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.Owin {2.2.1} Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc {5.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.Razor {3.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.Web.Optimization {1.1.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi {5.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client {5.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core {5.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost {5.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebHelpers {3.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages {3.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages.Data {3.2.3} Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages.WebData {3.2.3} Microsoft.Bcl {1.1.10} Microsoft.Bcl.Build {1.0.14} Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotN... {1.0.0} Microsoft.Data.Edm {5.6.0} Microsoft.Data.OData {5.6.0} Microsoft.Data.Services.Client {5.6.0} Microsoft.Net.Compilers {1.0.0} Microsoft.Net.Http {2.2.29} Microsoft.Owin {3.0.1} Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb {3.0.1} Microsoft.Owin.Security {3.0.1} Microsoft.Owin.Security.Cookies {3.0.1} Microsoft.Owin.Security.OAuth {3.0.1} Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure {1.0.0.0} Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Configura... {1.8.0.0} MiniProfiler {2.1.0} MySql.Data {6.9.8} Newtonsoft.Json {6.0.8} Owin {1.0} semver {1.1.2} SharpZipLib {0.86.0} System.Spatial {5.6.0} UmbracoCms {7.3.1} UmbracoCms.Core {7.3.1} WebGrease {1.5.2} WindowsAzure.Storage {3.2.1} xmlrpcnet {2.5.0}

EDIT 2: I tried downgrading NuGet from 3.2.6 to 3.0.6, but nothing changed.

EDIT 3: Installed VS2013, and tried to use NuGet 2.8, but I still get the same issue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft