Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kerri Mallinson 113 posts 497 karma points
    Nov 03, 2015 @ 18:43
    Kerri Mallinson

Error searching in our.umbraco

Not sure if this is the right place/category but I got this error messing when searching the forum.

I searched for:
    Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'ContentFunctions' does not exist in the current context

Error was....

Server Error in '/' Application.

Encountered " ":" ": "" at line 1, column 345. Was expecting one of:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.ParseException: Encountered " ":" ": "" at line 1, column 345. Was expecting one of:

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ParseException: Encountered " ":" ": "" at line 1, column 345. Was expecting one of:

[ParseException: Cannot parse '+nodeTypeAlias:forum +((nodeName:"Compiler Error Message CS0103: The name 'ContentFunctions' does not exist in the current context" body:"Compiler Error Message CS0103: The name 'ContentFunctions' does not exist in the current context")^100 (nodeName:Compiler body:Compiler nodeName:Error body:Error nodeName:Message body:Message nodeName:CS0103: body:CS0103: nodeName:The body:The nodeName:name body:name nodeName:'ContentFunctions' body:'ContentFunctions' nodeName:does body:does nodeName:not body:not nodeName:exist body:exist nodeName:in body:in nodeName:the body:the nodeName:current body:current nodeName:context body:context )^50 (nodeName:Compiler body:Compiler nodeName:Error body:Error nodeName:Message body:Message nodeName:CS0103: body:CS0103: nodeName:The body:The nodeName:name body:name nodeName:'ContentFunctions' body:'ContentFunctions' nodeName:does body:does nodeName:not body:not nodeName:exist body:exist nodeName:in body:in nodeName:the body:the nodeName:current body:current nodeName:context body:context ) )': Encountered " ":" ": "" at line 1, column 345. Was expecting one of:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 03, 2015 @ 20:19
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks for the report, this is now fixed!

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 03, 2015 @ 20:26
    Nicholas Westby

How did you fix this? I've seen this issue in some of my Umbraco sites (my usual workaround being to remove characters like colons). Seems like an Umbraco core bug.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Nov 03, 2015 @ 20:30
  • Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 03, 2015 @ 21:52
    Nicholas Westby

Facepalm

Haha. Guess I'll stick with that workaround for now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft