Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Smith 13 posts 93 karma points
    May 04, 2015 @ 16:42
    Dan Smith

Blank admin console after logging in

I just started encountering this error on one of our production sites three days ago. Users go to the /umbraco page to log in to the administrator console and once they log in successfully they're greeted with a completely blank screen. I've verified that this is happening on Chrome, Firefox and IE. Every now and then the stars will align and the admin console will show up as normal but it's more the exception than the rule at this point.

Nothing has changed, application-wise, since late last year. No upgrades or new modules or anything.

So far I've tried clearing the browser cache, restarting the website and restarting the app pool. I'm at the point where I'm considering restarting the server but there are other business applications running on it so I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Below is the page that gets displayed, with the console showing the javascript errors that seem to be holding everything up:

To see what the specific 500 error was in the first link, I logged onto the server and got this:

I know there are a few threads about this issue already but none of them seem to have any concrete resolution.

• Dan Smith 13 posts 93 karma points
    May 04, 2015 @ 17:28
    Dan Smith

Took some digging but it looks like this is the fix for the issue I'm experiencing: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6559. A third party add-on was assigning duplicate keys to their server variables and causing a conflict.

Looks like an upgrade is in order but in the meantime I was able to fix it in the short term by setting debug="true" in the web.config in the root folder of the site. Don't ask me how or why that made it start working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft