Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Maxwell 10 posts 61 karma points
    Oct 04, 2014 @ 20:20
    David Maxwell

packages not installing properly

I am having issues trying to install packages with 7.1.7,  I have tried several different packages (articulate, event calendar for two examples) and the issue is the same - the files are being placed in an incorrect location.

If I have umbraco installed in c:\web\umbraco, the files are being placed relative to c:\web\umbraco\umbraco instead of c:\web\umbraco, so when umbraco tries to run ~umbraco\userControl\package, it can't find them.

I am using the base install and haven't changed any of the default configurations.  Is there a way around this short of downloading and updating the base code manually so the files get installed to the correct folder?

• Umbraco v7.1.7 - though I ran into it with earlier versions, just tracked it down for sure today.
    • ASP.NET 4,0.30319
    • Window 7, IIS7 

• David Maxwell 10 posts 61 karma points
    Oct 06, 2014 @ 16:27
    David Maxwell

OK, I figured it out, but it still doesn't seem correct.

If I install umbraco as a sub-folder (i.e. localhost/umbraco), then it doesn't work.  If I install it at the root (i.e. umbraco), then it works.

I installed it as a local app to allow me to customize it, assuming that all I should have had to do was change the path when I migrated it up to the server.  But it doesn't look like it works that way.  Seems a little inflexible to me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft