Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2013 @ 17:42
    Jamie Attwood

Umbraco 4.11 User Permissions not saving

In Umbraco 4.11.9 (Assembly version: 1.0.4898.17344), if I set checkboxes for a given user under the "Select pages to modify their permissions" area of the User permissions area, The changes save as expected, however the permissions restrictions do not take effect for that user. Also, once logged back in as admin, the previously saved checkbox states do not reload and appear as they have never been set.

Can anyone point to any solutions? This is a production site and upgrading is not a viable solution at this point.

Thanks,

Jamie

• Jason Denousse 16 posts 46 karma points
    Nov 02, 2015 @ 09:52
    Jason Denousse

I have the same problem, did you ever fix this?

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2015 @ 13:39
    Jamie Attwood

Kind of...as I recall, the permissions in the right side were actually maintained, however you need to click on the item in the left nav to actually see the change, the green checkboxes do not load up indicating that previous changes have been made. I think that section maybe needed a little more UI help to explain exactly what it does - it's a little misleading. That said, the best workaround for this is to choose the section that you want to restrict in the content node, right mouse click and choose permissions and then set the restrictions in that window on a user by user basis. Hope that helps...

Jamie

• Jason Denousse 16 posts 46 karma points
    Nov 02, 2015 @ 15:16
    Jason Denousse

Thanks Jamie, that works

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft