Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Grimm 56 posts 138 karma points
    Jan 25, 2013 @ 22:56
    Justin Grimm

Unable To View Child Nodes

I have a parent node, with about 8-10 children underneath. Recently, I have been unable to gain access to those pages in the Back Office.  I can browse to them in the front-end, and the arrow appears next to the parent folder indicating sub-pages exist. But when I click the arrow, it does not expand to show the children.  

At first it looks to be loading, then stops and the arrow to expand disappears.  

Before:

After:

Help!

Jan 28, 2013 @ 23:09
    Justin Grimm

Took a peek at the Browser Console and it is returning an error:

GET /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=1469423330d949d6b31169ba648167ed&id=1311&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=26.9

500 Internal Server Error

Stack:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.get_UserId() +22
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseContentTree.GetUserActionsForNode(Document dd) +45
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseContentTree.Render(XmlTree& Tree) +114
       umbraco.loadContent.Render(XmlTree& tree) +19
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +76
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +140
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +55
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75
    </pre></code>

Jan 28, 2013 @ 23:16
    Justin Grimm

Fixed! I had removed a user (manually) who still had nodes attributed.

Just needed to update the umbracoNode table and change the nodeUser

• Jamie Billington 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 22:43
    Jamie Billington

Hi Justin..... figured it out, it's fixed. This is a great Post!!! :-)

thank you

Jamie

• Jamie Billington 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 17:22
    Jamie Billington

Hi Justin,

just wondering if you could help me out with the same error you've had. I'm got this on a few pages within a site we've built.

for example I'm getting http://www.wuth.nhs.uk/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=0884dac504ce41c9bf24c793ef12b828&id=1709&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=30.5

I've checked the umbracoNode table and changed the nodeUser from - '2' to a new users which I've created, however still getting the same error. Can you explain what you mean about the 'nodes attributed' - is this in another column in a different table?

thanks in advance.

Jamie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft