Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cem Sisman 33 posts 31 karma points
    Aug 07, 2009 @ 13:06
    Cem Sisman

In the developer section some sub items dont show up.

Clicking package doesnt show the list of options/sub items instead the page which has been requested by clicking the package link throws an error like show below (see picture1); (this is the url has been requested and throws error. http://4021.datapoint.winclients.skyron.co.uk/umbraco/tree.aspx?rnd=5a525617-3b2a-4af6-a9fc-474510ee5593&id=-1&treeType=packager&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=developer ) and see the stack picture 2

picture1 picture2 any clue? thanks

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 07, 2009 @ 13:18
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Can you check if there is a packages-folder in the data-folder? If not, please copy the folder (and contents) from a clean site and place it there. (You might need to check permissions when you're done copying).

This folder is often forgotten when upgrading a site from v3 to v4 and might cause the problem.

HTH,

Peter

Aug 07, 2009 @ 13:54
    Cem Sisman

Thanks Peter for the suggestion,

I copied the package folder in data folder from the clean umbraco installation, gave the right permissions, full access to Network Service.

Additionally even If I try to create a new package with right click it also throws this error. What is weird here is that creating a package includes some code with umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.StyleSheet  which I also have a problem when I click the Stylesheets in settings section (same error as above post).

Might it be something to do with umbraco cache? 

Aug 07, 2009 @ 14:28
    Peter Dijksterhuis

hm, looks like there's something else going on.

What version of umbraco are you running, what OS, are you perhaphs not on full trust?

Aug 07, 2009 @ 16:09
    Cem Sisman

umbraco version is 4021, os is Windows Server 2003 sp2, and yes its full trust.

Aug 07, 2009 @ 16:34
    Peter Dijksterhuis

In that case, try to upload the bin, umbraco and umbraco_client folders again to see if that can fix things

Aug 13, 2009 @ 14:56
    Cem Sisman

its due to bad relatons in the database, I dont know how did it happen but somehow there is no data in poperty table but it exits in the node table.

so with a few lines of sql queries, its sorted now.

thanks for suggestions.

cem

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft