Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NiQ 24 posts 45 karma points
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:09
    NiQ

Urgent: Saves content on every keypress!

This is getting SO annoying!

This is the fifth time its happening to me.

On every keypress Umbraco saves the page im on and showing me the "Content saved!" message.

There for I can't edit ANY content on the site.

I have tried other browser, restarting the application in IIS, logging in and out but nothing seems to work...

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:20
    Lee

Have to say this doesn't sound like an Umbraco issue.  Sounds more like a keyboard/setup issue?  Have you installed any packages like uComponents?

Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:30
    NiQ

Well the project use uComponents yes. I have tried plugout and in the keyboard too.

What might uComponents do that makes this happening?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:31
    Jeroen Breuer

Hmm 4.7.1 supports ctrl+s on every page. Did you upgrade from a previous version? Maybe something went wrong.

Jeroen

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:32
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:33
    NiQ

I have no idea if this is upgraded from a previous version since I just downloaded it from the versioncontrol at work.

Are there anyway to fix this without having to restart my computer everytime it happends?

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 10:43
    Lee

Ahh thought it was a uComponent issue :)

• Tshorolpa 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 23, 2012 @ 11:35
    Tshorolpa

So is there any solution to this or problem still remain alive?
    I am facing same issue, but for only some folder. As soon as i use my keyboard the page is saved automatically. 

• Mark Oliver 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 09:36
    Mark Oliver

I have just got this problem, and tracked it down to a recent change in our umbracoPage.Master template, where someone had added:

<script src="http://ajax.microsoft.com/ajax/jquery/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Removal of this, has stopped the problem, now to figure out why (Im guessing a conflict of jQuery)

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Sep 20, 2016 @ 23:47
    Proxicode

I am seeing this on a 7.4.3 install. Not sure when or how it started. The client just called to report it and I can duplicate it in any browser. Really odd.

I'll post back if I figure it out, but if anyone knows, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

****Update***

I have so far tried, clearing all temp files and cache files from App_Data, restarted the AppPool, stoped & restarted the website. Downloaded a fresh zip of 7.4.3 and overwrote the Umbraco & UmbracoClient folders, downloaded a fresh zip of UmbracoCms.AllBinaries.7.4.3 and copied everything to the bin folder. I can use Firefox, Chrome or Edge, same issue, and I had someone on a different computer try it (she is MacOS & I am Windows) , she saw the same issue, so I think we can safely rule out client or other user related issues, but the problem still remains....

I'm really stumped on this one.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft