Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James P 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 15:01
    James P

Admin stuck at progress bar after 4.7.1.1 upgrade

We've just carried out an upgrade to 4.7.1.1 on our staging website, but encoutered some issues accessing the back-office after the upgrade. It's seems to be related to the renew/logout javascript functionality.

In summary:

The 4.7.1.1 installation process went fine, and we were redirected to the admin login page as expected.

After submitting the login form, however, the admin interface partially loads but immediately hangs with the progress bar on screen.

(We ran through a couple of forum posts including this one which points to permissions/ClientDependancy issues (here), but to no avail.)

Firebug led us to a Javacript error on line 366 in Umbraco.aspx, and a parse error which in Firebug looks like this: (note the HTML '//' comments)

function beginKeepAlive() { keepAliveInterval = // window.setInterval(keepAlive, 10000); }

Running 'View Source' on the same page, however, the javascript looks like this: (note lack of HTML comments)

function beginKeepAlive() { keepAliveInterval = window.setInterval(keepAlive, 10000); }

At this point the admin still doesn't load for us, but changing the interval millisecond value from 10000 to 11000, everything runs sweet as a nut, and we're logged in, and the world is a happy place again.

function beginKeepAlive() { keepAliveInterval = window.setInterval(keepAlive, 11000); }

Kapeesh?

Hopefully we've not missed something crucial from the upgrade here. Not sure if this is a suitable solution but it works for us for now.

For reference, this is the old function from our live site.

// *** NEW KEEP ALIVE - Should be moved to app manager *** */ var failedAttempts = 0; // window.setInterval(keepAlive, 10000); function keepAlive() { umbraco.presentation.webservices.legacyAjaxCalls.GetSecondsBeforeUserLogout(validateUserTimeout, keepAliveError); }

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 15:20
    Tom Fulton

Do you happen to have the Disable Backoffice Timeout package installed?  I think it comments out some javascript automatically, I think that's the line.  The package is no longer needed on 4.7+ so try uninstalling it and re-running the upgrade.

-Tom

• James P 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 15:48
    James P

Wowza. Had no idea that was even installed. We'll give it a try.

Top tip Tom. Thanks.

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    May 06, 2013 @ 05:36
    Greg Berlin

I have the same problem in a site upgraded from 4.7.1.1 to 6.0.4 (via 4.11.7).

It works perfectly on my local environment, but on the server it gets stuck wtih the progress bar in the admin.

I've tried changing the above timeout value - no go

Changing compilation debug to true fixes it.

I've also checked that the handlers section, as mentioned in this post, exists and it does.

Checked permissions and it seems the application pool users have full permissions on everything in App_Data, including specifically setting them on the dependencies folder.

I do not have the Disable Backoffice Timeout package installed.

Any other ideas how i can fix this?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 13, 2013 @ 20:36
    Tom Fulton

Hi Greg,

Did you get this figured out already?  If switching compilation/debug fixes the issue, it's probably your ClientDependency has some old JS cached from before the upgrade.  You can try clearing the ClientDependency cache:

- Delete files in /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency (might be in /data or /App_Data/ClientDependency depending on your install)

- Open /config/clientDependency.config and increase the version attribute by 

- Touch your web.config

-Tom

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Oct 14, 2015 @ 15:43
    Connie DeCinko

We just did an upgrade of production 4.7 to 4.7.11. Everything went perfect with dev and stage. The site is running but when logging into the back office, all we get are the buttons on top and the loading spinner. Looking at dev tools there are 30 errors related to jquery not being defined. Also, the first error is

umbraco.aspx
    Expected ';'
    File: jquery.js, Line: 29, Column: 17

Help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft