Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 15:43
    John C Scott

dictionary items in dropdown

I created a drop down data type with a number of choices from the dictionary. The system is configured to allow users with different languages to set up the content. When a user selects #option1 or #option2 in their language it is shown correctly in the other users language. However when I dispay the selected value ($currentPage/dropdownValue) I get #option1 with a hash instead of the translation to the site viewers language. OK that's ok I can use umbraco.library(getitemfromdictionary) but this doesn't work as it expects the # not to be supplied. So in the end I have written:

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetDictionaryItem(umbraco.library:Replace(eventType, '#', ''))"/>

This feels wrong, but it works.

• Blagojce Vojneski 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 13:43
    Blagojce Vojneski

Hi John,

Can you explain how it is possible to add Dictionary items in Dropdown data type?

Thanks, Blagojce

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Jul 02, 2015 @ 10:21
    John C Scott

I don't recall this exactly, but I think this is just XSLT for a normal drop down. It is not a data type.

I would expect dictionary values to work in a prevalue for a drop down data type. However I've never tried this and I don't know if they do.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft