Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bryan Drenner 37 posts 59 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 15:43
    Bryan Drenner

"XML Parsing Error" during installation, empty nodes afterward

I'm having some strange problems when installing Umbraco 4.7.0 from scratch.

First, during the starter kit setup step, I chose to install the business starter kit, which resulted in a page that says:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
    Location: http://umbraco-dev.publictheater.org/install/default.aspx?installStep=skinning
    Line Number 1, Column 1:

After reloading I got a different error:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Moments later, I reloaded, and it took me to the skinning step again, and it seemed to repeat indefinitely. Then, when I deleted the subdirectories and query string, reducing the URL to just the domain name, the install procedure appeared to start over. Only, this time it skipped straight to the "You're done" section after the first step.

The strangeness continues as now, when I log in, there are no subnodes under any of the sections, and the "Create" button does nothing when clicked. It's a totally paralyzed installation.

• Bryan Drenner 37 posts 59 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 17:00
    Bryan Drenner

Update: The XML Parsing Error / Service Unavailable error seems to be connected with installing a starter kit, but not with the latter backoffice malfunction.  I created another fresh install of Umbraco 4.7.0 with an empty database, without installing a starter kit or skin, and it has the same problem:  No subnodes for any section.  The "Create" button does nothing.  When right-clicking the top node of any section, the only option that appears is "Reload Nodes", which does nothing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft