Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jameskn 64 posts 78 karma points
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 19:34
    Jameskn

UMBRACO_MACRO when using RichTextEditor and Macro

Hi

I am using 4.6.1

umbraco v 4.6.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4029.25836)

I am having a problem when I insert a macro into TinyMce Richtext Editor and then Save it does not seem to be saving correctly or is not rendering correctly. When it renders

I get

<?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias="LoginSystemBox" />
    So I thought this was just me and my userControls.
    So to replicate it I generated a XSLT Macro from the Standard drop downs of the macros and selected Site Map one and saved that with a name "SiteMapGenerator" then editored the macro so that I could use it in pages and that it would not render in the page.
    Use in editor : True
    Render content in editor: false
    All the cache options are set off.
    I then go to my page insert the macro and hit Save and Publish. Go to view the page and I see only
    <?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias="SiteMapGenerator" />

I cannot see anything in the logs.

Any help, maybe I have dones something really stupid.

Jan 27, 2011 @ 19:42
    Jameskn

Just also confirm the macros render correctly if I use a template to display them. But I don't want to have create a template page for every single macro I want to use across the site. This also kind of rules out the macros failing also I thought.. ;(

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 19:46
    Kim Andersen

Hi there

How do you render the richtext editor on your site? Using XSLT or an umbraco:item-tag in the template?

/Kim A

Jan 27, 2011 @ 20:39
    Jameskn

Hi Kim,

A little bit of dumb moment from me.. I am rendering the controls through XSLT.. Which of course is the reason it is not working.. Feel slight stupid now. ;)

Always the way, Thanks for the pointer.

James

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 20:42
    Kim Andersen

Ahh great to hear :) I thought that it would be something like that.

We all have our "black-outs" once in a while ;)

/Kim A

Jan 27, 2011 @ 20:51
    Jameskn

Yeah I have managed to fix on my site also now it is because I am having to work with displaying dynamic tabs which is causing me to use IF statements in the XSLT to display tabs on the page. ;) Luckily the controls are rendered in general on the first tab so we can easily get around it ;)  

• admiss 20 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 28, 2016 @ 09:15
    admiss

Hi all

I'm quite new with Umbraco (7.4.3)

I've 4 Macros to be rendered in the TinyMice3 RTE. Everything is working fine, macro content is showing in the Grid, BUT the edited content can't be saved . When I make a change in the RTE, it's not saving

<div class="umb-macro-holder mceNonEditable"><!-- <?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias="WhatEver" /> --><ins> ..... </ins></div>

Can this "mceNonEditable" rule/setting cause that problem?

Not sure, if it's a Macro or RTE specific thing.

Macro Settings:

Cache period: 0

Cache by Page: not thicked

Cache personalized: not thicked

I think this may be set up in the RTE (TinyMice)

Any thoughts appreciated

• admiss 20 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 28, 2016 @ 11:21
    admiss

Yes, the mceNonEditable class is coming from the TinyMice RTE's NoneEditable Plugin

"This plugin enables you to prevent users from being able to change (i.e. edit) content within elements assigned the mceNonEditable class." " Any element with the "mceNonEditable" class will be blocked from modifications and treated as a single character. "

I think this is the solution: https://www.tinymce.com/docs/plugins/noneditable/

Wondering where to find & change it to "mceEditable" - or trying to figure out why is TinyMice passing mceNonEditable to Macros??

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft