Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    Dec 31, 2015 @ 00:00
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Cannot save a document type when it has a required property with the new property type editor in 7.4

Background: I upgraded a 7.3 site to 7.4 beta to test it out. The initial build was using mostly document type inheritance with some compositions.

Issue: I have an article document type that has a date picker property that is required. When I try to make any changes to that document type, I get an error saying validation errors must be fixed before the item can be saved (picture).

Saving DocumentType with A Required Property

All I have checked on that property is field is mandatory. enter image description here

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Have not reported it on issues yet, I would think that it would be reported already if it was an issue, but I fail at searching and I didn't find anything when I looked.

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    Dec 31, 2015 @ 00:28
    Rune Hem Strand

Hi Blake

Don't think you are doing anything wrong. I get the same when adding a required Date field. Definitely a bug.

Awesome if you could create an issue on the tracker :)

All the best
    Rune

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Dec 31, 2015 @ 00:47
    Nicholas Westby

I second that what you have noticed seems like a bug. The date picker seems to have some funky validation logic. Archetype has issues with it as well.

EDIT: I just tested on a clean 7.4 beta install and was able to reproduce this bug.

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    Dec 31, 2015 @ 00:53
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Thank you for confirming!! I reported the issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7630

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    Dec 31, 2015 @ 13:41
    Rune Hem Strand

Thanks!

Happy New Year!!!

• Marcin Zajkowski 112 posts 585 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 05, 2016 @ 11:59
    Marcin Zajkowski

I'm observing the same issue on 7.3.4 right now. Can't save a document when validation of mandatory fields is not passing (and this is not only related with DateTime field as in some known issues, but now affects even Textstring properties).

• Osman Coskun 164 posts 398 karma points
    Mar 05, 2016 @ 18:00
    Osman Coskun

I have the same problem in Umbraco 7.3.1 even with a textstring datatype :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft