Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 16:26
    Douglas Robar

Douglas Robar suggests a meetup

Umbraco social and meetup Tuesday, 12-January Bristol

Join Doug, Lee, Benjamin, Hendy and others for a drink, a meal, and lots of umbraco conversation and sharing! If you're an umbraco pro, a newbie, or just interested in learning more about umbraco you're invited to come along for this fun evening.

Tuesday, 12-January

18:30 - Meet at Wetherspoon near Temple Meads station (http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-knights-templar)

19:00 - Meander over to Coal Grill and Bar (http://www.coalgrillandbar.co.uk/bristol_coal.html)

~23:00 - Catch the last trains out of Bristol

Hope to see you there!

cheers,

doug.

Douglas Robar umbraco MVP 2007-2009 | umbraco Trainer

Percipient Studios www.percipientstudios.com [email protected]

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 16:30
    Douglas Robar

Umbraco social and meetup

Tuesday, 12-January

Bristol, UK

Join Doug, Lee, Benjamin, Hendy and others for a drink, a meal, and lots of umbraco conversation and sharing!

If you're an umbraco pro, a newbie, or just interested in learning more about umbraco you're invited to come along for this fun evening.

The plan

Hope to see you there!

cheers,
    doug.

• Olly Berry 47 posts 68 karma points
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 16:38
    Olly Berry

Sounds great - I hope to be there, though I may be moving house that day.

• Paul Marden 235 posts 338 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 16:42
    Paul Marden

I've dropped it in my diary, as it would be nice to swing back to Somerset to see the family, but it's not hugely likely I'll be there.

Jan 06, 2010 @ 21:24
    Olly Berry

Unfortnately Sod's Law has reared it's head and I'm moving on Tuesday!

However, I have to be in town at about 7.30 to pick my kids up from the sitter, and my wife has siad she can do without me for an hour before that, so I'll meet y'all at the Knight's Templar at 6.30 for a beer, but I'll have to give Coal a miss.

Look forward to it,

Olly

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 12:57
    John C Scott

hoping to come too

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 13:26
    Laurence Gillian

I'm 75% on this, just depends on if I can fit it in.

Would be great to come though, kudos for organising something :) 

/Laurie

• TaoistTotty 246 posts 314 karma points
    Jan 11, 2010 @ 11:20
    TaoistTotty

Have just seen this on Twitter, so will not be able to make as due to short notice.

Will try and make the next meeting.

Jan 12, 2010 @ 01:07
    Olly Berry

I'll be wearing a pink carnation...

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 01:30
    Lee Kelleher

If only I had a pink carnation too... but that would just confuse matters!

I'm planning on getting there early (depending on local trains), to meet-n-greet, so if anyone who hasn't met me before - this is me, (and yes, I am in need of a haircut, again!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/percipientstudios/3653060159/

If anyone is turning up late, or gets lost, then feel free to tweet me: @leekelleher - I'll have my G1 to hand - so one of us can come rescue you.

Cheers, Lee.

Jan 13, 2010 @ 09:59
    Olly Berry

Apologies that I couldn't make it guys - Moving housed ended up taking a wee bit longer than anticipated and I couldn't get back into town in time.

Next time...

Jan 13, 2010 @ 10:28
    Lee Kelleher

No worries Olly.  Last night went really well... we've talked about having another Bristol meet-up soon!

Other than that, there's the 5th birthday bash in London on the 16th Feb.

Cheers, Lee.

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2010 @ 23:32
    Jamie Howarth

I'm back fresh from a week in Denmark having done L1&2 and I'm prepared to do another Bristol meetup at the end of the month - maybe we can turn it into a local Umbraco regular meet-&-greet? Beer + great food @ Coal + Umbraco devs = a night of win IMHO.

Benjamin

Jan 26, 2010 @ 13:47
    Olly Berry

Great!

Feb 17, 2010 @ 23:41
    Jamie Howarth

Right guys,

Either Friday March 12th or Saturday March 13th is the day I have in mind for the next Bristol Umbraco user meet, cause Saturday is the day before I fly out to MIX10 in Vegas (and also the day before my 23rd birthday and I can't think of a better way of kicking it off than a decent Umbraco usermeet), so it's the beginning of a week-long mission of talking.NET around the world. There is even the possibility that I may be meeting (the one and only) ScottGu... watch this space...

As an aside, anyone want to run a book on how many miles I can clock up in the space of a week? I'll carry a GPS with me 24/7, closest 10 miles wins. I have an idea who to ask to be independent adjudicator too so it's fair and fun! :-)

Same venues as before - Wetherspoons' "Knights' Templar" is a) right next door to Temple Meads and b) cheap for drinks, followed by fantastic food at Coal in Cabot Circus. Car parking is next door to Temple Meads' station, buses run there regularly from all over the region too, as do trains for those travelling from the west (Wales), south (Exeter and Portsmouth), east (London) or north (Birmingham).

I am also starting up a new open-source venture (not related to Umbraco in any way shape or form - it's a fork of an existing project that was bought out by a commercial company back in February 2008), so I'm looking for ninjas in .NET with particular experience with .NET wikis, and either Subversion or implementation of SharpSVN. Anyone who's not an Umbraco pro but works extensively with .NET should come along anyway so I can swap cards with a few people.

Hope to see you all there!

Benjamin

Feb 18, 2010 @ 19:18
    Jamie Howarth

P.S. Saturday's out for me unfortunately cause I've just discovered that all the cheap flights are on the Saturday itself so it'll have to be Friday evening if that's OK with everyone?

To re-iterate: Friday 12th March, at Wetherspoons next to Bristol Temple Meads train station, followed by food at Coal in Cabot Circus (10-min walk down the road).

Benjamin :-)

Feb 18, 2010 @ 20:33
    Lee Kelleher

Friday 12th is good with me!

Feb 20, 2010 @ 19:35
    Jamie Howarth

And with any luck I might've finished the App_Code editor by then too :-)

Feb 21, 2010 @ 11:47
    Jamie Howarth

Win: Event created on Our.umbraco. Go go go and signup!

Feb 26, 2010 @ 13:21
    Olly Berry

Damn! I fly to the Czech Republic on the 12th!

Feb 26, 2010 @ 13:25
    Lee Kelleher

That's a shame - although Czech Republic should be fun!  We're aiming to have regular Bristol (and/or South West UK) Umbraco meet-ups - so there'll definitely be a next time!

Cheers, Lee.

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 16:15
    Laurence Gillian

I may be able to make it, not sure quite how I'll be fixed that night.

Depends if I'm still in Cardigan Bay, 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft