Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henry 21 posts 141 karma points
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 17:31
    Henry

Do I need to manually increment ClientDependency.config every time?

I've recently updated Umbraco to 7.4.1. Now whenever I create or make a change to my grid editors, they appear correct in the Developer tab, but when I go to use them in the Content tab, they're either not there or out of date.

Manually incrementing the ClientDependency and touching the web.config seems to fix the issue. But surely I don't need to do this every time? I didn't have to do this in Umbraco 7.3.

Is there something I shouldn't have changed in my config files? Or is anybody experiencing a similar situation?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2016 @ 19:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Henry

That indeed sounds a bit odd.

Do you see any error messages in the console log of the browser when this happens? And what about the /App_Data/Logs file - Does that reveal anything related?

/Jan

• Henry 21 posts 141 karma points
    Mar 04, 2016 @ 11:46
    Henry

Hi Jan,

I tried reverting back to 7.3 and everything works fine, then upgraded again and I still get the odd behaviour.

Nothing unusual in the logs, and only getting a javascript warning:

Empty string passed to getElementById(). DependencyHandler.axd:2:1060

Like I say, manually incrementing the ClientDependency.config makes everything work fine. It doesn't appear to be auto-incrementing any more.

Also, I'm using leblender to create the grideditors but I don't think this is affecting it. The grid.editors.config is updating correctly.

Thanks, Henry

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 04, 2016 @ 15:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Henry

Hmm, have you had a look at the bug reports and general discussions about leblender? Have seen some people experience issues with Umbraco after 7.4 upgrades, which turned out to be an issue with leBlender - So if you have not checked them out already maybe try looking through some of the posts from https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/leblender/bug-reports/ and https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/leblender/general-discussion/

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft