Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Nov 27, 2015 @ 10:46
    suzyb

Resolve instance BackOfficeUserManeger Error during install of 7.3.2

I'm getting this error when trying to install Umbraco 7.3.2.

Could not resolve an instance of Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeUserManager from the Microsoft.Owin.IOwinContext GetUserManager method

Detail in the log is

2015-11-27 10:39:31,535 [P7116/D6/T62] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - An error occurred during installation step UmbracoVersion 
        System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Could not resolve an instance of Umbraco.Core.Security.BackOfficeUserManager from the Microsoft.Owin.IOwinContext GetUserManager method  
        at Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.get_UserManager()    
        at Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.PerformLogin(Int32 userId)    
        at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.SetUmbracoVersionStep.Execute(Object model)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    
        at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)    
        at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)   
         at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)   
        at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction)    
        at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

Anyone know what is causing this and how to resolve? FYI I am installing the site from the zip version.

• Wesley 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 27, 2015 @ 12:08
    Wesley

I just had the same with a clean installation from a Nuget package. But only using Chrome. Not sure why, but installing from Firefox worked for me.

• Jess Bonde 25 posts 55 karma points
    Nov 27, 2015 @ 12:53
    Jess Bonde

Same error here, installing from Nuget. Also in Firefox

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Nov 27, 2015 @ 14:42
    suzyb

Found an issue on YouTrack that relates to this. It says version 7.3.3 but I can't find any mention of that version so wonder whether they mean 7.3.2.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7467

Anyway seems the error hasn't prevented anything from installing and it's the final automatic login that is not working so I'll still be able to work on the site.

• Thomas Morris 35 posts 133 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 21, 2016 @ 16:27
    Thomas Morris

Yeah, a little look around the code on github suggests that this step is just there to redirect the user to the back office. A refresh should help Umbraco correct itself.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/dev-v7/src/Umbraco.Web/Install/InstallSteps/SetUmbracoVersionStep.cs

Installation is complete!, get ready to be redirected to your new CMS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft