Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ulla Skaanning 67 posts 97 karma points
    Nov 26, 2015 @ 09:14
    Ulla Skaanning

Error installing v.7.3.0 on unoeuro webhotel

Hi, First off I need to explain that I have been abscent from developing for 5 years, And much has happened since then!

I'm trying to install Umbraco v. 7.3.0 on my Unoeuro webhotel. I did as I have always done - downloaded the binaries, uploaded them to my root folder on the webhotel and loaded my address in Firefox. (I'm working live on the site since it's a personal project and not announced yet).

Then i Get this error: Server Error in '/' Application

I tried changing the:

But nothing happened. Then i tried leaving it for the night to see if it was a server thing (which I've experienced in the past), but still the same error.

Is there anything regarding servertechnology I should be aware of regarding the webhotel or could it be some other issue.

Please excuse me if I'm asking stupid.

I hope you can help

Regs Ulla

• Christopher Pascual 25 posts 273 karma points
    Nov 26, 2015 @ 09:25
    Christopher Pascual

The error you posted doesn't tell anything much, did you go through the Umbraco Installation Page (Where you specify you first create your username, setup database etc.)

Can you try running it on your local machine without any modifications?

Nov 26, 2015 @ 09:49
    Ulla Skaanning

I know - it doesn't say anything ;)

I don't have a local server so I need to do it via my webhotel - The installation was completely blank when i first loaded it. I don't event get to the installation page the error occurs immediately :(

And FYI I work on a mac...

should i specify my db in the webconfig manually - I remember it as if there was a step for that in the wizard? (Which I can't get to because of the error...)

Tell me if I rambling?

And thanks for the fast reply :D

Nov 26, 2015 @ 09:51
    Ulla Skaanning

I can try to clear the server and upload e fresh set of binaries again?

• Christopher Pascual 25 posts 273 karma points
    Nov 26, 2015 @ 10:00
    Christopher Pascual

I tried downloading the latest release (7.3.1)

https://our.umbraco.org/download/

unzipped and ran without problems ( you can try uploading a fresh binary on your public_html folder)

Nov 26, 2015 @ 13:00
    Ulla Skaanning

well I do have acces to a windows machine - I guess I'll try to download webmatrix on that one and run it throught that ;)

Nov 26, 2015 @ 22:34
    Ulla Skaanning

Okay - I finally got the site running on my webhotel via Webmatrix - however this presented me with some db compatibility problems!

So in the end (now having tested that the installation would actually run on the server, no issues there) I stripped all files from the ftp and uploaded a completely new set of binaries to the webhotel AGAIN!

And this time it works (so far, haven't run the wizard yet...)

I don't know what has changed, but a least the problem is now resolved!

Thank you all for your help, Now I look forward to updating my Umbraco skills :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft