Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrei Avram 12 posts 85 karma points
    Oct 13, 2015 @ 16:45
    Andrei Avram

Error for media items with fresh install of Umbraco 7.3.0

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to do a fresh install of Umbraco 7.3.0. I am using the nuget package approach and publishing with the Release configuration.

Everything is working fine, but when accessing the website, I get 500 error messages whenever an image is requested. This issue reproduces even in the installer (500 errors when for the Umbraco logo and the background of the installer).

Looking at the Umbraco logs, I can see the following.

2015-10-13 19:31:36,907 [P57576/D4/T46] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       at ImageProcessor.Web.PostProcessor.PostProcessor.RunProcess(String sourceFile, Int64 length)
       at ImageProcessor.Web.PostProcessor.PostProcessor.<PostProcessImageAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
       at ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule.<ProcessImageAsync>d__11.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

I am pretty new to this, and can't find the problem.

Did anything change from previous versions of Umbraco in terms of permissions?

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks

• Daniel Nutu 9 posts 30 karma points
    Oct 22, 2015 @ 14:43
    Daniel Nutu

Hi,

Update: Apparently this doesn't happen to version 7.2.6 (the initial version of the website).

I'm having the same issue. I'm using a shared hosting and set the permissions for all folders. The css and js's are working fine, except the images.

e.g.: ~/css/img/lowpoly.png ~/media/1001/antet.jpg?mode=pad&rnd=130893983430000000

2015-10-22 17:23:24,111 [P8524/D9/T27] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       at ImageProcessor.Web.PostProcessor.PostProcessor.RunProcess(String sourceFile, Int64 length)
       at ImageProcessor.Web.PostProcessor.PostProcessor.<PostProcessImageAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
       at ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule.<ProcessImageAsync>d__11.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.TaskAsyncHelper.EndTask(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

Thanks

Oct 29, 2015 @ 12:44
    Andrei Avram

This is clearly an issue with the ImageProcessor package that Umbraco.Core depends on.

Umbraco 7.2.8 used version 3.3.1 of the ImageProcessor.Web package (I don't have any issue with this version using the same hosting provider), and 7.3.0 uses the ImageProcessor.Web v4.4.0 (this isn't working for me).

As a temporary fix, we could just disable the package in order to be able to request images directly (and not have ImageProcessor intercept these requests). I have done some superficial testing and seems to be working fine.

I am trying to build the project to targe .NET framework version 4.5.1 (this is the version that my hosting provider currently supports).

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working as expected? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Michal Koblasa 45 posts 139 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 08:57
    Michal Koblasa

Hello, i have save issue. How can i disable ImageProcessor.Web?

Thank you

Nov 04, 2015 @ 17:31
    Michal Koblasa

Ok. I commented line with ImageProccessor module in webconfig and it looks good.

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 21:20
    Proxicode

I can confirm this issue on 7.3.0 as well. I am having issues on my host (aspnix.com) on every image request and intermittent issues on GoDaddy.

Commenting out the ImageProcessor.Web lines in the web.config is a hack for now.

I've logged an issue with the team - http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7433

Nov 26, 2015 @ 12:38
    Andrei Avram

Thanks for the reply and your interest in the matter.

One common aspect in all our experiences is the fact that we are experiencing this issue only when the application is deployed and hosted.

When running the site from IIS or IIS express on my dev machine I don't have any of these issues, but when I deploy to my hosting account, I run into the aforementioned problem.

I think it would be interesting to see what IIS configuration is messing with the ImageProcessor's ability to work correctly and see if we are able to control it

Nov 26, 2015 @ 13:33
    Michal Koblasa

Hello, i have answer from shared hosting support:

Error:

System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +1789 System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() +6814726

Becaose application tried to run cmd.exe with for us unknown command. This behavior is not permitted on shared hosting.

Hope it will help.

Dec 17, 2015 @ 16:29
    Andrei Avram

It seems that we won't see a fix for this any time soon. I guess we need to stay with older versions of Umbraco for now

Dec 18, 2015 @ 14:41
    Andrei Avram

I have contacted my hosting company and they came with the same reason for why we cannot use the ImageProcessor. It is trying to run cmd.exe which is not usually permitted on shared hosting.

I'll try to get some support from the developers of ImageProcessor and come up with an update.

Dec 21, 2015 @ 14:31
    Andrei Avram

I have raised this question with the ImageProcessor guys who were most helpful.

The component which cannot run properly in security restricted environments is the Post Processor.

This component can be disabled. In order to do this, get the ImageProcessor.Web.Config package from nuget and disable post-processing in the config/imageprocessor/processing.config (set the postProcess attribute to false).

The issue should be solved now

Hope this helps. Cheers

• dan 54 posts 133 karma points
    Jan 14, 2016 @ 02:20
    dan

Anyone find a better resolution here on the steps to fix this? I just ran into the same problem with version 7.3.4. I didn't have the issue in 7.3.0.

Everything works perfectly locally. On the host (shared), the server complains with the same response as listed above.

Jan 15, 2016 @ 09:44
    Andrei Avram

Just update the ImageProcessor.Web package to the latest version (currently it's 4.5.0). The issue should be fixed.

An issue was raised on the ImageProcessor github repository. https://github.com/JimBobSquarePants/ImageProcessor/issues/268

Check the latest comment there :)

• dan 54 posts 133 karma points
    Jan 15, 2016 @ 17:24
    dan

I'm running ImageProcessor.Web 4.5.0.0 now but I still have the same issue.

I updated using the Package Manager Console.

I installed the ImageProcessor.Web.Config too but I'd hate to disable a feature since it feels like a hack. I'd like to figure out what else I can do. Disabling it does work.

If I need to elevate permissions on my site or any environment changes though my Shared hosting provider is like getting a hot sauce colonic.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft