Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nico Viergever 20 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 04, 2015 @ 11:19
    Nico Viergever

Umbraco on Windows 10 issues?

As a non-technical user I decided to create a clean install of Umbraco on my local machine. Since I ran into issues. I use a skin from uSkinned but it was impossible to install a package. Not just when I installed uSkinned but also during the installation of other packages I ran into crashes. After running the installation of a package for a while an error occurs and the clean install becomes unusable.

This happened with Umbraco version 7.2.8 and now also with version 7.3.

The only thing that really changed was an automatic upgrade to Windows 10. May this be the real issue? Any solutions?

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Oct 04, 2015 @ 12:39
    Stefan Kip

I'm using Windows 10 and had no issues with umbraco. There's not much technical information in your post like Exception messages and stack traces?

• Nico Viergever 20 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 04, 2015 @ 13:47
    Nico Viergever

No technical information on purpose since I bumped into one issue after the other. With a tremendous effort from the uSkinned support (certainly no complaints there!) I tried several options: installation with Webmatrix and also direct installation running under IIS.

For what it is worth, here is the latest error, after trying to install the package from uSkinned version 3.2 on an empty Unbraco (IIS).

Server Error in '/' Application.

Request timed out. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.106.0

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft