Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Frost 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 27, 2015 @ 00:39
    Andy Frost

Install Error - No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object

I have installed UmbracoCMS through Visual Studio 2013 NuGet. The project builds fine, but when I run the project in the browser, and begin the install process I get this error, has anyone seen this problem and have a fix for it?

Error during installation

No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'IEnumerable`1' from content with media type 'text/html'.

See the log for full details (logs can typically be found in the App_Data\Logs folder).

I have checked the Logs and the details are as follows:

2015-08-27 12:31:06,334 [27] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [P14476/T1/D3] An error occurred during installation step StarterKitDownload System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'IEnumerable1' from content with media type 'text/html'. at System.Net.Http.HttpContentExtensions.ReadAsAsync[T](HttpContent content, Type type, IEnumerable1 formatters, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger) at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallHelper.GetStarterKits() at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.StarterKitDownloadStep.Execute(Nullable`1 starterKitId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction) at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

• Luke 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 07, 2016 @ 05:26
    Luke

I also come across this problem. Does anyone have a good solution for it ?

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 09:56
    David Tregoning

Hi Andy, I get the same - did you manage to solve it?

• Tim Almond 8 posts 88 karma points
    May 11, 2016 @ 08:12
    Tim Almond

Is this related to a network problem? Had the same thing and I think it was down to the client site firewall.

• John Elumbaring 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 19, 2016 @ 03:22
    John Elumbaring

Hi everyone! I also encountered this error and I can't still continue to install Umbraco. Can someone help me?

• Antoinette Silago 21 posts 92 karma points notactivated
    Nov 28, 2016 @ 16:51
    Antoinette Silago

Hi all, were you able to figure out what needed to be done with this error?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft