Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rik Hodiamont 56 posts 156 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 18:38
    Rik Hodiamont

Authentication to host '' for user '' using method 'mysql_native_password'

Hi,

I'm trying to move three Umbraco sites to a new hoster. I got the following error on all the sites while saving data into the database. The only thing I changed on the installation in the databaselogin en password. Everything else is the same.

The following parser error appears:

Authentication to host '' for user '' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user ''@'vps19385.public.cloudvps.com' (using password: NO)

Source error: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

The database connection is correct because I can read data and the sites are working perfectly. When I login on myLittleAdmin I can add data to the database, so I would say the user has read / write rights.

Some info:

2 sites are Umbraco 6.1.6 and 1 site Umbraco 7.1. It's running on .net framework 4.5.1 and I have CAS trust level set on Full.

Any ideas what would cause this error?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Rik

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 20:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rik

Not sure what is going on but did you try contacting the hosting provider and ask if they have a clue about it? /Jan

Apr 28, 2015 @ 21:09
    Rik Hodiamont

Hi Jan,

Tnx for you answer. Yes I contacted them but they say it's an Umbraco configuration failure. Fact is I uploaded an Umbraco 4.x installation to the same server and that Umbraco install is working correctly.

I find this very strange because all the sites are working correctly at the current environment which is asp.net 4.0 and this is asp.net 4.5, could that be the problem?

Is there maybe something else you can think of which is not correct in Umbraco? If not I will contact the hostingspartner again.

Kind regards,

Rik

Apr 29, 2015 @ 17:51
    Rik Hodiamont

Hi,

I fixed the problem following the steps in this topic: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ublogsy/ublogsy-bugs/59408-Publish-Content-not-working-properly-on-live-site

It smees that it has something to do with the MySQL connector : https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/59535-Umbraco-720-Error-on-Save-and-Publish

But in a shared hosting environment you can't change anything.

Kind regards,

Rik

• Paulo Amf 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 22:16
    Paulo Amf

Hello everyone, good night, my name is Paulo Amf, I'm working with Umbraco (7.6.3) a little while, but I have a problem that is driving me crazy in my first application in Live Site. In development works perfect, but in my HOST this error occurs:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Authentication to host 'mysql.barbosajj.kinghost.net' for user 'barbosajj' using method 'mysqlnativepassword' failed with message

Below an excerpt from the Log file:

2017-06-21 18:25:02,137 [P11996/D3/T1] WARN Umbraco.Core.Persistence.DbConnectionExtensions - Configured database is reporting as not being available! Server: mysql.barbosajj.kinghost.net, Database: barbosajj. Exception: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Authentication to host 'mysql.barbosajj.kinghost.net' for user 'barbosajj' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Reading from the stream has failed. ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Reading from the stream has failed. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Tentativa de leitura ultrapassou o fim do fluxo.

I already did the indicated in the solution and still the error persists:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ublogsy/ublogsy-bugs/59408-Publish-Content-not-working-properly-on-live-site

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft