Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 00:05
    Daniel Bardi

Nuget fails upgrading 7.2.1 to newer version

I can not upgrade v7.2.1 to either 7.2.2, 7.2.3, nor 7.2.4 via nuget package manager or console.

I'm getting the following error after I see "Uninstalling UmbracoCms 7.2.1.... "

Installed Failed.  Rolling back...

Then I get this:

Update-Package : Unable to uninstall 'UmbracoCms.Core 7.24' because 'nuPickers 1.4.1, Our.Umbraco.CoreValueConverters 2.1.5, UmbracoMapper 1.4.16' depend on it.
    At line:1 char:16
    + Install-Package <<<<  UmbracoCms -Version 7.2.3
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

I then uninstall the dependant packages and try again.  This time I get this:

Update-Package : An error occurred while applying transformation to 'config\umbracoSettings.config' in project 'Dolce.Umbraco': Reference to undeclared entity 'rsquo'. Line 69, position 19.
    At line:1 char:15
    + Update-Package <<<<  UmbracoCms
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Update-Package], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.UpdatePackageCommand

I then remove the rsquo reference in the umbracoSettings.Config and try again.  Then I get this:

Update-Package : Expected "$(GenerateSampleDeployScript)" to evaluate to a boolean instead of "", in condition "$(GenerateSampleDeployScript) And '$(GenerateSampleDeployScriptLocation)'==''".  C:\Program Files (x86
    )\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets
    At line:1 char:15
    + Update-Package <<<<  UmbracoCms
       + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Update-Package], Exception
       + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.UpdatePackageCommand

I am at a lost as the cause.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 05:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

What packages is installed? And have you done anything special in terms of setting up deploy stuff? Not sure why nuget is acting up - but perhaps it's an idea to consider doing the upgrade manually instead? I know that's it's not ideal since nuget really should be able to handle it but seems like it's too much trouble in this scenario.

/Jan

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 07:10
    Daniel Bardi

I resolved this by uninstalling nuPicker and UmbracoMapper.  I was able to upgrade to 7.2.4.  I then reinstalled nuPicker and UmbracoMapper via nuget and all is well. The odd thing is that our build server had zero issues with upgrading from the packages.config; I'm sure it must have been my Visual Studio.  No worries.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft