Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 17:23
    Carlos

Cannot Connect to Repository error installing 7.1.6

What whould be causing the error on install of "Cannot Connect to Repository"?

Installing manually on IIS.

Here is the error I get in the Log

2014-09-03 09:14:01,881 [12] INFO  Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext - [Thread 9] CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '7.1.6',''
    2014-09-03 09:14:01,928 [12] INFO  Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 9] Executing installation step: StarterKitDownload
    2014-09-03 09:14:02,224 [12] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 9] Installation step StarterKitDownload failed.
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: Cannot connect to repository
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.StarterKitDownloadStep.DownloadPackageFiles(Guid kitGuid)
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.StarterKitDownloadStep.Execute(Nullable`1 starterKitId)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction)
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)
    2014-09-03 09:14:02,224 [12] INFO  Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 9] Step completed (took 286ms)
    2014-09-03 09:14:02,224 [12] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 9] An error occurred during installation step StarterKitDownload
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallException: Cannot connect to repository
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.StarterKitDownloadStep.DownloadPackageFiles(Guid kitGuid)
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.StarterKitDownloadStep.Execute(Nullable`1 starterKitId)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupStep step, JToken instruction)
       at Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

Any help is appreciated

• Tim Anderson 20 posts 83 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 18:08
    Tim Anderson

Hi Carlos,

I've had an issue connecting the the packages repository today with my 6.x installations which were working fine yesterday see...

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/56225-Is-there-an-issue-with-packagesumbracoorg

I think there is an issue with the online package repository found at http://packages.umbraco.org which could therefore be causing this error.

Myself and a few others (confirmed on twitter) have had HTTP - 503 errors when trying to access the package repository from within the developer section of our dev / live installs.

Not having much experience of v7, if you can get into the backoffice and download and install the packages manually from the file system you should be fine.

I don't think its anything wrong with your installation in this instance unless someone wiser has something to contradict my presumptions...

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 19:31
    Carlos

@Tim,

It seemed like something either with the connection to the Starter Kits or with the SQL CE database.  This error happened on the install process. 
    But when I connected to a MySQL server and DB the Umbraco install completed fine.   

All permissions for Network Service were set, app pool was set to .Net 4.0, AND as I always forget, THe app pool Identity has to be pointed to NetworkService as well. But I still got the connection to the Repository issue.

I am also getting the HTTP -503 error in teh packages repository in the Developer section as well.   Kind of odd.  Downloading the zip and installing the package manually works. But kind of defeats the purpose of easy installs.

Wonder if it is a permissions issue on our internal network.  This is a company network.  That would be my assumption.  On personal sites running at home and running through WebMatrix, the install worked like a charm.  

Might have to stop using the IIS and the Manual install and just install through WebMatrix.

Thanks again,

Carlos

• Ismail Ahmad 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 03:02
    Ismail Ahmad

Thanks carlos...i have the same issue this morning... but when i redirect new installation into my sql server everything works fine...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft