Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Thompson 100 posts 336 karma points
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 13:14
    Richard Thompson

Upgrading 6.1.6 to 6.2.1 issues

Hi,

I just tried upgrading one of our 6.1.6 installations to 6.2.1, to do this I ran a package update in NuGet.

After the upgrade I started the site and was prompted to login which I was able to do.  I was then taken to the install screen accepted the T&Cs and then moved onto the DB install screen which got stuck at 5%.

I followed the advice at http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/50364-Error-Upgrading-Umbraco-612-to-6201-RC of overwriting the install folder with the content of the download zip file and the database upgrade then completes.  I was then unable to move to the next screen due to a JS error so I changed the database in the URL to theend to complete the install and could then access the back office.

The back office is fine but when I try to access the site I receive the following error with a YSOD:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.SetInternalRedirectPublishedContent(IPublishedContent content) +125
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FollowInternalRedirects() +1457
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.HandlePublishedContent() +1177
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContentAndTemplate() +297
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +169
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.Prepare() +36
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +738
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__7(Object sender, EventArgs e) +132
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

When I rerun the site I get taken back to the installation process again. Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

Jul 21, 2014 @ 13:57
    Richard Thompson

When in the back office after the upgrade I republished all content.  The properties tab for various top level nodes is showing Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error).

I tried going from 6.1.6 to 6.2.0 instead but no joy.  This is all running on my local machine with a remote SQL server 2008 DB.

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 16:25
    Robert Foster

Hi Richard,

You could try right-clicking the "Content" node at the top of the content tree and selecting "Republish Entire Site". If that doesn't work, delete the umbraco.config file in the /App_Data folder and try republishing everything again.  That should force the cache to be rebuilt.

- Rob.

Jul 22, 2014 @ 10:35
    Richard Thompson

Hi Rob,

I've tried your suggestions but unfortunately a YSOD with the front end and viewing a node in the back office:

[Exception: ContentTypeService failed to find a content type with alias "LandingPageHomepage".]
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.CreatePublishedContentType(PublishedItemType itemType, String alias) +482
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Get>b__b() +45
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass9`1.<GetCacheItem>b__8() +41
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<GetCacheItem>b__19(String key) +44
       System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) +72
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.StaticCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem) +141
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(ICacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem) +179
       Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.Get(PublishedItemType itemType, String alias) +288
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedContent.Initialize() +3098
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedContent..ctor(XmlNode xmlNode, Boolean isPreviewing) +115
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.ConvertToDocument(XmlNode xmlNode, Boolean isPreviewing) +69
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.GetById(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, Int32 nodeId) +119
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedCache`1.GetById(Boolean preview, Int32 contentId) +74
       Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedCache.GetById(Int32 contentId) +72
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FollowInternalRedirects() +1425
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.HandlePublishedContent() +1177
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContentAndTemplate() +297
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +169
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.Prepare() +36
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +738
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__7(Object sender, EventArgs e) +132
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69
  • Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 22, 2014 @ 13:44
    Robert Foster

ok, the next thing to check is that you still have a content type with alias LandingPageHomePage - is it still in the Document Types tree in Settings?

Jul 22, 2014 @ 14:20
    Richard Thompson

The document type is still there in settings and is also present in the umbraco.config file.  When I select any of the document types in the back office I get another YSOD:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.UpdateInterface() +379
       umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +145
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772
    Aug 06, 2014 @ 18:02
    Richard Thompson

I've tried the upgrade again and by re-saving various templates and document types I was able to get different YSODs.  I now get:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel>' does not contain a definition for 'Partial' and no extension method 'Partial' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel>' does not contain a definition for 'Action' and no extension method 'Action' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

• Jacob Polden 67 posts 177 karma points
    Sep 01, 2014 @ 11:10
    Jacob Polden

Getting the same errors as Richard, any solutions to this?

• Janaka Lakmal 25 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 10, 2014 @ 14:24
    Janaka Lakmal

Copy the Umbraco and UmbracoClient folders manually. Nuget doesn't copy the files correctly.

Dec 10, 2014 @ 14:42
    Richard Thompson

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will give this a try and provide an update.

Dec 12, 2014 @ 15:29
    Richard Thompson

Unfortunately that suggestion didn't help either.  After searching further I think we are getting bitten by http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4862, some of the document types have hypens in them.  I'm going to try and remove the hyphens in the old version of Umbraco and then try the upgrade again to see if that helps.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft