Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob 15 posts 96 karma points
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 18:07
    Jacob

Installing Umbraco 7.1.1 - GetSetup - An error has occurred

Hello

I have tried to make a clean install of an Umbraco 7.1.1. I took the zip from the website, changed the database connection and nothing more. When I watch network the installer gets to calling GetSetup which returns 500 internal server errror, and the message is "An error has occured".

How do I find out what went wrong?

Regards

Jacob

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 18:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jacob

Please read the documentation on how to install Umbraco - You should probably take a closer look on how to install Umbraco manually judging from what you write above.

Also make sure that you have all prerequisites in order to install Umbraco succesfully. And please do also read about setting up permissions as well.

I hope reading this documentation helps - If you're still having issues after trying to follow these instructions then don't hesitate to ask for help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Happy installing.

/Jan

Apr 24, 2014 @ 18:57
    Jacob

Hello Jan

Thank you for your answer.

I have read the installation guide, but I am trying to get it running on Unoeuro. Basicly that means I do not have access to all the IIS setup steps and such.

I have gotten Umbraco to work on Unoeuro without problems before. I have just uploaded the zip content and run the installer.

To make sure it was not a problem with Unoeuro I now tried to install it locally, with IIS setup and such. The Umbraco installer is called correctly, and I see the installer background.

To make sure it is not a permission issue I have given everyone full access to the site folder on my local installation, but the error remains the same.

To see if the problem was the same using the webmatrix I tried that aswell. When the site starts up in the browser and starts installing it fails with the same error.

Regards.

Jacob

Apr 24, 2014 @ 19:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jacob

Ok - You might need to contact unoeuro to make sure everything is right on your web-space. I'm also a big fan of unoeuro and usually I have no issues getting up and running but sometimes I do (And I make sure 99% of the time that it is in fact a server issue before filing a support ticket) and they respond super fast.

But before we assume that it's an issue on the host let's see if we can get you up and running.

On your local machine - did you then make sure that all prerequisites are in place?

Could you try to make an installation using webmatrix - the benefit is that it makes sure to install all prerequisites before it tries to install Umbraco. Just so we are sure that this approach works.

What version of IIS are you using btw?

/Jan

Apr 24, 2014 @ 21:38
    Jacob

Hi Jan

All prerequisites should be in place on my local machine.

• .Net 4.5
    • SQL 2008+ (using the database at Unoeuro)
    • ASP.NET 4.5 Full-Trust
    • Everyone has full access to the folder

To see if the problem was the same using the webmatrix I tried that aswell. When the site starts up in the browser and starts installing it fails with the same error.

I am using IIS version 8.

/Jacob

Apr 24, 2014 @ 21:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jacob

Ok - That's odd...ehm...what operating system are you using?

/Jan

Apr 24, 2014 @ 21:41
    Jacob

Hi

Just found a way to see more info.

/Jacob

"ExceptionMessage":"Invalid object name 'umbracoUser'.","ExceptionType"
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 21:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Which was? :)

Ehm...could you try starting over using CE SQL as your database? If you just use webmatrix the setup should be done in like 5 min. or less and then you can use webmatrix to migrate your CE SQL database to MSSQL at unoeuro.

/Jan

Apr 24, 2014 @ 21:59
    Jacob

Hi Jan

I think I figured out what I did wrong.

I had allready put in the database connection info into the web.config when I started the install, this made it fail.

When I made a clean install and provided the database info in the installer with customize, everything worked.

Thank you for trying to help.

Regards

Jacob

Apr 24, 2014 @ 22:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jacob

Ah yes, then it won't work! :) Glad you spotted it - If you had followed the parts of the installation instructions from the documentation that should have been pretty clear.

But happy to see you got it working.

/Jan

• Dan 61 posts 185 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 11:42
    Dan

made a new project moved all files and database I got into umbraco this time no error but when i run the site I got this

enter image description here

And if I press set up new website nothing happens it just show up agian.

I will not STOP before I got this ! :D

May 01, 2014 @ 11:57
    Dan

Did it all over again but with out removing any temp files and it worked :D !

May 01, 2014 @ 13:57
    Dan

now after I updated mandatoy values give me error Value cannot be null.. insted of showing jquery missing felt error -_-

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft