Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kylepauljohnson 70 posts 108 karma points
    Dec 10, 2013 @ 01:05
    kylepauljohnson

Umbraco 7 Login Failure?

I just setup and deployed a fresh Umbraco install using SQL CS and hosted on a shared enviroment.  I ran through the setup on a local box then deployed.  All worked locally then when trying to login on the remote server I get a error of some sort...

http://d.pr/i/eGmo

However it still seems to partially log me in.  If I go back to the /umbraco url I am logged in, but the UI is screwed up. 

http://d.pr/i/ushD

Here is the response to my login request...

AllowedSections: [content, developer, media, member, settings, users]
    0: "content"
    1: "developer"
    2: "media"
    3: "member"
    4: "settings"
    5: "users"
    Culture: "en-GB"
    Email: "[email protected]"
    EmailHash: "8e2301327a9f62faa6bcc0a547b5b2d6"
    Name: "Kyle P Johnson"
    SecondsUntilTimeout: 1200
    UserId: 0
    UserType: "admin"

Thoughts?

Dec 10, 2013 @ 01:16
    kylepauljohnson

To add a bit to this, the JS error in the Umbraco admin area is 

The user object is invalid, the remainingAuthSeconds is required

Dec 10, 2013 @ 01:29
    kylepauljohnson
    Few more steps I have tested.
    • Doesn't seem to be enviroment related.  I have replicated this on 3 seperate enviroments
    • I removed the version from app settings to rerun through the install, and that completed but I still have the same result.
    Dec 10, 2013 @ 01:37
    kylepauljohnson

Nevermind on this issue.  Please delete.  The developer (me) is retarded.

• Andrew Tregonning 19 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 25, 2014 @ 01:38
    Andrew Tregonning

Hi Kyle

Looks like I'm retarded too. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue you describe - what was the answer?

Cheers,
    Andrew

Jan 25, 2014 @ 18:32
    kylepauljohnson

I wish I could remember. Guess i should have posted the reasoning for future help for folks.  Crap, I really can't recall anymore.  :-(

I can remember what it ended up being I will repost here, but I have no recolection of what the magic bullet was.

Jan 29, 2014 @ 07:35
    Andrew Tregonning

Hi

Is anyone else able to help with this issue, as it has me stumped.

I've got a number of Umbraco sites successfully deployed at my shared hosting provider, ranging from version 4.5.2 to 6.1.4, but when I deploy a 7.0.2 umbraco site there, I can't login to the back office.

I initially encountered the problem with a site I'd developed on my local machine, then deployed to my hosting provider. I've since tried uploading a fresh copy of umbraco 7.0.2 to the server, successfully run through the installation there, but when I try to login for the first time I get the same error:

This appears to be a client-side problem, so I've tried a number of different browsers to no avail. I wondered if it could be time zone-related as my hosting company is in another country, but when I try changing my local timezone to match the server, it hasn't helped.

The umbraco logs show no problems either. These are the entries when I attempt to login:

2014-01-28 14:26:45,350 [27] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 26] Redirected log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log) | Type: Login | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: User XXXXXX has logged in
    2014-01-28 14:26:45,365 [27] INFO  Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity - [Thread 16] User Id: 0 logged in

Which, to me, looks like the server has successfully handled my login request.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Can anyone suggest further troubleshooting steps I can try?

Cheers,
    Andrew

• Jan van Helvoort 15 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 01, 2014 @ 11:23
    Jan van Helvoort

Someone a solution?

I get this error on a clean new install on the server, localhost no problems.

Mar 01, 2014 @ 22:47
    Andrew Tregonning

Hi Jan

I reposted my question to the Umbraco 7 forum, but had no luck there either.

I was unable to solve this problem with my current hosting provider. Seems to be some specific server configuration, as when I stood up my own instance of Windows Server 2008 R2, I couldn't reproduce the issue, and when I signed up with a different hosting provider, I was able to get my site working there with no problems at all.

My solution for now, which I'm not very happy about, is that my Umbraco 7 sites are hosted at the new hosting provider.

Please post back here if you have any more luck than me!

Cheers,
    Andrew

• Jan van Helvoort 15 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 03, 2014 @ 09:32
    Jan van Helvoort

I went back to Umbraco 6.1.6, No problems.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft