Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yadwinder singh 43 posts 112 karma points
    Jul 25, 2013 @ 16:42
    Yadwinder singh

how to upgrade umbraco 4.7.2 to 6.1.3

Hello,

I don't know that how to upgrade versions.

I also follow the instructions as per on the page:http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general

I also replace these files from the new v6.1.3 to v4.7.2:

• /bin
    • /Install (don't forget to remove it after the upgrade is finished)
    • /Umbraco
    • /Umbraco_Client

and when i runs it,it shows error.

Please tell me the steps with detail

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2013 @ 22:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Yadwinder

I suppose you went straight form 4.7.2 to 6.1.3?

1: What kind of error message do you get? Could you share it with us please?

2: Do you have some 3rd party packages installed? If so, which ones? Some of them might not be compatible with this new version

3: Do you use the Umbraco API to hook into events in the backoffice for instance?

4: Is the MVC framework installed on your server?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

/Jan

• Yadwinder singh 43 posts 112 karma points
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 07:04
    Yadwinder singh

Hi Jan, 

Thanks for reply.

I found the solution.it's my mistake.

I am replacing the files, that is mistake.

Now i first delete the files and then copy the new ones.

upgrading is quite easy.

Thanks again.

• Barb Romito 12 posts 74 karma points
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 17:34
    Barb Romito

Can you share what the mistake was? Reason, I am trying to upgrade to version 6.1.3 from 4.7.1. However, each version was installed in sequence. MVC framework is installed on the server. We are using Courier in v4, however it is not installed in this environemnt (v6). No API is used.

Any insight would be a tremendous help!

Thanks in advance!

~ Barb

Our Error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid object name 'cmsPropertyTypeGroup'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'cmsPropertyTypeGroup'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'cmsPropertyTypeGroup'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +404
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +412
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1363
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +59
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +118
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6388241
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +6389810
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +538
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +28
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +256
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +19
       StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +101
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +23
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReaderWithRetry>b__3() +277
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction(Func`1 func) +543
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext() +1287
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +472
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +80
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeBaseRepository`2.GetPropertyGroupCollection(Int32 id, DateTime createDate, DateTime updateDate) +1673
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentTypeRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +659
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +230
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.CreateContentFromDto(DocumentDto dto, Guid versionId) +94
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id) +742
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id) +230
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.GetById(Int32 id) +104
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +339
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +133
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1970

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1008

• Barb Romito 12 posts 74 karma points
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 17:49
    Barb Romito

I am running know, I found the error!

Thanks anyway!

~ Barb

• MK-Ultra 12 posts 33 karma points
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 12:26
    MK-Ultra

Hi Barb - I'm getting that same error.... any chance you could let me know what you did to resolve it? ;-)

Attempting to upgrade from 4.6.1 to 6.1.3; copied updated website files and merged all configs as per documentation but for some reason, the DB upgrade isn't starting.

* Resolved * Most likely more experienced umbraconists will know how to do this but it's possible to manually force the DB upgrade by blanking the web.config umbracoConfigurationStatus value and calling http://your-site.com/install/

No idea if it's a good idea, just sayin ^^

This took me through the upgrade process, and I believe I now have a working copy of the upgraded site / db...

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 18:39
    Simon steed

In case anyone gets this error even after the db has been upgraded, you will not be able to run install again unless you clear the umbracoConfigurationStatus value to an empty string:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="6.1.6" />

should be

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

You should then be able to run /install from your site root again and normal service should be resumed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft