Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Juul Andersen 44 posts 98 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 12:48
    Brian Juul Andersen

Installing Umbraco 6 on UnoEuro web hotel

I´m trying to install the new Umbraco 6 on a UnoEuro webhotel. I´ve downloaded, unpacked and transfered all files through FTP to the webhotel.

During installation everything seems fine until the usual error about changing "RemoteOnly" to "Off". After fixing this in Web.config I reload the install page and now the installation fails (going from step 3 to 4) and tells me:

Table 'mydomain_dk_db.UMBRACOUSER' doesn't exist

.. however if I peek into the DB with PHPMyAdmin I can see a table called umbracoUser (notice uppercase / lower case)

Is this because of a error in the install script, me doing something wrong or maybe UnoEuro ?

If I try to go to mydomain.dk/umbraco/umbraco.aspx the box asking me to log in is shown.

Any advice is welcome.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 17:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

Perhaps this is a bug when running Umbraco 6 on MySql?

Have you tried running it on a local instance of MySql to see if you have any succes doing that? If it's the same issue then it should be reported as a bug on the issue tracker here issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

Otherwise I think you might need to get in touch with support to figure out what is going on.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Simon Justesen 436 posts 203 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 18:16
    Simon Justesen

Hi Brian,

Every MySQL database tablename needs to be uppercase on unoeuro (haven't tried installing umbraco 6 RTM yet, but had troubles with the beta/RC). So you need to rename every table or use this little piece:

select concat('RENAME TABLE ', TABLE_NAME, ' TO ', UPPER(TABLE_NAME), ';') from information_schema.TABLES where TABLE_SCHEMA = 'your_db' (you could just fire an update, I like to preview changes first)

• Benjamin Stengaard 27 posts 141 karma points
    Feb 02, 2013 @ 13:49
    Benjamin Stengaard

I have exactly the same problem with UnoEuro mysql, after changing all table names to uppercase, I can complete the Umbraco 6.0.0 installation.

• Carl Howarth 5 posts 25 karma points
    Feb 02, 2013 @ 23:46
    Carl Howarth

I am also experiencing this issue with a new installation on MySQL.  After renaming all of the tables to uppercase as suggested, it allowed me to move to the next step (creating the administrator). Once I continue from this step I am then presented with the following error:

Table 'umbraco6.cmsDocument' doesn't exist

It would appear that the system is expecting some tables to be uppercase and some camel.  At first I thought that it was expecting all the tables prefixed with umbraco to be upper case so I took to renaming each table as the errors appeared but then it started raising the error on tables prefixed with cms :/

Any ideas? Is this just a glitch that needs to be sorted?

Cheers

UPDATE:

I have carefully stepped through and renamed tables as required and have found that one part of the setup is expecting 'umbracoNode', a step further on is expecting 'UMBRACONODE'. After further investigation, MySQL on Windows does not have the issue; it is only present on Linux servers.

After even more investigation, I have figured out why I am getting the error.  My environment at home consists of my Windows development machine and a NAS unit running Linux (which hosts my MySQL server).  The issue is, that the Windows installation of MySQL is case insensitive whereas the Linux version is case sensitive.  To fix this issue I have to change a setting on MySQL. I had to add lower_case_table_namessetting to the my.cnf file and set it to '1'.  This basically causes MySQL to create all tables using lowercase in the file system.

Although this fixes the problem it did raise the issue of inconsistancy in naming conventions within Umbraco.  I feel that it would be good practice for all the references to tables (and any other DB object) to be consistant; for me it would be camel-case (rather than uppercase).

Hope this helps anyone else that has the same issue.

Cheers

Feb 03, 2013 @ 10:26
    Brian Juul Andersen

Thank you for your advice and suggestions people !

I "solved" it by choosing to install to a flat file (is it called CE ? Can´t remember) as I was just interested in getting a new version of Umbraco up and running to play with.

However I see that I am not the only one having problems with this so how do we go about fixing this ?

Feb 03, 2013 @ 11:17
    Carl Howarth

Hi Brian,

Out of curiosity; where you also trying to use MySQL on a Linux server?

Cheers

Feb 03, 2013 @ 11:25
    Brian Juul Andersen

Hey Carl,

I used the bronze package found here: http://en.unoeuro.com/products.php .. with ASP and MySQL. If it is a Linux or a MS server .. I don´t know.

Feb 03, 2013 @ 11:31
    Benjamin Stengaard

A UnoEuro standard solution run Linux, and it is the same I use.
    Uppercase did not work on my solution anyway, so now I ended up upgrading my solution to 4.11.4 instead.

Feb 03, 2013 @ 11:33
    Carl Howarth

Ah... unoeuro is a hosting company. I see. I am very new to Umbraco; I have originated from an EPiServer background and have ventured into the wild to seek greener grasses :)

It may be worth popping the question to them to see what they say. I would imagine that the hosting is referencing a linux based DB server.

As for fixing the issue, I believe that my above comment about consitent naming conventions will probably fix it. I would imagine that it may have only been tested using a Windows install of MySQL.

Feb 03, 2013 @ 11:36
    Carl Howarth

Hi Benjamin,

So upgrading a 4.11.4 db worked fine. This would suggest that the issue is only with the DB creation scripts for MySQL rather than the entire solution.  It is a very good option to get people moving until the issue is fixed. Will keep it in mind.

Thanks

Feb 03, 2013 @ 11:53
    Benjamin Stengaard

Hi Carl

Yes 4.11.4 works perfectly fine,
    I've never had any problems installing Umbraco on a UnoEuro hosted website before, not until 6.0.0 at least.

Feb 03, 2013 @ 12:15
    Carl Howarth

Hi All,

I have logged the bug with Umbraco.

Cheers

Feb 03, 2013 @ 12:16
    Brian Juul Andersen

Thank you Carl. Good work :)

• Steve Smith 75 posts 158 karma points
    Feb 10, 2013 @ 22:40
    Steve Smith

Just to add to this post.  

I've had exactly the same issue trying to deploy a working (on Windows) Umbraco 6 RC site to a webhosting account with TSOHost here in the UK.

As with your scenario, I believe the MySQL installation at the hosting company is running under Linux.

Some tables are accessed all in upper case (eg. UMBRACOUSER), but some seem to require a mix of upper and lower case (eg. cmsContent).

If on Windows, I setup a new Umbraco 6 site with the option "lower_case_table_names=0" setup in my.ini (there by mimicking, so far as I can see, the situation under Linux), everything works fine.  But as soon as I move the site/database to my hosting account, it fails.

Obviously, I can't change the MySQL setup at the hostign company, so I guess I'm going to to have to go back to Umbraco 4.11 to get this small site up and running for a friend.  Was going to be my experiement with Umbraco 6 :-)

Steve

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2013 @ 23:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Steve

If it's just a small site you're going to play around with why not just use the embedded CE SQL database instead of going back to 4.11? Be prepared that there are som bugs in v6 that could potentially be a showstopper if the site goes into production...most of them are however going to be fixed in the upcomming 6.0.1 I believe.

Just my 2 cents.

/Jan

• Thor-Bjoern Schnmeltzer 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 13, 2013 @ 15:10
    Thor-Bjoern Schnmeltzer
    UPDATE:
    There are still errors, and if you use the above method of installing, you will get them at odd times.
    so it isn't working.
    Guess i will have to go back to 4.11.4

I had the same problem.

I had to make a fresh install, and got the same error when running the 6.0.1 installer.

To mine working i did as follows:

1. make a new install of 4.11.4
    2. upload and overwrite the files with the 6.0.1 files
    3. run the installer again
    4. you will get an error telling you that the tabels allready exists.
    5. press back, and allow it to resendt information
    6. then i got a "Upgrade complete"
    As far as i can tell there are no errors in my installation so far.
    Hope this will help others.
  • Robin Hansen 135 posts 368 karma points
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 11:18
    Robin Hansen

I've the very same problem installing umbraco v. 6 on Unoeuro - I've looked at this issue at umbraco.issues and it has not been assigned to anybody(yet), and has only 'Normal' priority - everybody who experience this problem plz go and vote for this issue:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1632

Cheers

Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:03
    Brian Juul Andersen

There ..   I gave my vote. Hope others will do that as well.

Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:14
    Benjamin Stengaard

I gave my vote to

• Tom Sommer 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 01, 2013 @ 14:15
    Tom Sommer

I've investigated the problem and added an explination and possible fixes to the bug.

It appears a check was added to 6.0.1, so the installation is halted if you try to install on a case-sensitive MySQL server.

Current workaround is to install Umbraco 4 and upgrade to Umbraco 6, reason for this working is described in the bug. Another workaround is, obviously, to use MS SQL.

Apr 29, 2013 @ 17:29
    Robin Hansen

How would tha 'update script' look like... - so far I'm only able to preview...?

PREVIEW:
    select concat('RENAME TABLE ', TABLE_NAME, ' TO ', UPPER(TABLE_NAME), ';') from information_schema.TABLES where TABLE_SCHEMA = 'your_db' (you could just fire an update, I like to preview changes first)

UPDATE:
    ?

May 01, 2013 @ 04:53
    Simon Justesen

Um.. I have to get back to that (perhaps one of the sql wizards in here can provide a solution), but in the meantime, if you log into phpmyadmin - run the above mentioned piece of sql and then chose to 'print view' (one of the text links below the sql result) and print say 100 rows, then you'll be able to copy/paste the preview lines into a new sql query window.

• David Dupont 61 posts 115 karma points
    May 06, 2013 @ 20:20
    David Dupont

This params need to be set on your mysql instance config file :

• lower_case_table_names = 1
    • lower_case_file_system = 1

May 07, 2013 @ 12:10
    Robin Hansen

I'm aware of those:

• lower_case_table_names = 1
    • lower_case_file_system = 1

but this in not an option due to the fact that I cannot make changes in the .ini file on my domain - so rather than rename each table online to make it work, I prefer a simple script that renames (and saves) all table names at once... :-)

May 07, 2013 @ 16:18
    Simon Justesen

I am building a script for that - I'll post it here tonight if things go well 

/Simon

May 07, 2013 @ 17:04
    Brian Juul Andersen

That sounds great. I'll be happy to test it for you and give you feed back on it.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 07, 2013 @ 17:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hi guys,

You have installed an Umbraco version 6.0,5 on a UnoEuro Bronze Suite, without any problems. However, I must mention, my 6.0.5 installation is on a SQLCE database. So maybe there is some problem with MySQL.

/Dennis

May 09, 2013 @ 03:01
    Simon Justesen

Hi guys - just a little heads up - I hacked this script together from various sources.. This should be the proper way to do it in plain T-SQL ... But I'm unable to get it to run - as in .. it does not work yet .. because mysql isn't informative when it comes to errors. Perhaps some of you knows how to sort them out.

To run the script run 'call upperc()' in a query window

delimiter $$

# DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS upperc $$

CREATE PROCEDURE upperc ()

begin

declare table_name varchar(255);

declare cur1 cursor for select TABLE_NAME from information_schema.TABLES where TABLE_SCHEMA = '<your_database>’';

open cur1;

myloop: loop

fetch cur1 into table_name;

set @s = CONCAT('RENAME TABLE ',table_name, ' TO ', UPPER(table_name));

Prepare stmt from @s;

Execute stmt;

end loop;

close cur1;

end $$

delimiter ;

• Blem 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 13, 2013 @ 00:55
    Blem

I installed 4.11.9 localy with out adding any content after the installation.

Then i upgraded to 6.0.6 and added content to the site.

After uploading it to UnoEuro got the following error when entering the site:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Table 'my_com_db.UMBRACODOMAINS' doesn't exist]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +276
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +68
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +17
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +110
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +761
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1699
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(MySqlConnection connection, MySqlTransaction transaction, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters, Boolean ExternalConn) +156
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +56
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) +33
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +82

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +202
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.b__0() +76
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.b__0() +10
       Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem, Object syncLock) +141
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +203
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomains() +158
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestBuilder.LookupDomain() +221
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Action`1 onSuccess) +52
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +339
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.b__7(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

So I ran the script to rename all the tables to uppercase, this resulted in my website working.

But when i went in to the umbraco controls nothing was displayed in the Content or media section and when clicking on my user under the Useres section i got the following error:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Table 'my_com_db.umbracoNode' doesn't exist]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +276
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +68
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +17
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +110
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +761
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1699
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +4
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.d__7`1.MoveNext() +263
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +381
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.d__2.MoveNext() +400
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.GetAll(TId[] ids) +1672
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentTypeService.GetAllContentTypes(Int32[] ids) +63
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.DocumentType.GetAllAsList() +53
       umbraco.cms.presentation.user.EditUser.setupChannel() +117
       umbraco.cms.presentation.user.EditUser.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2953
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Has anyone gotten any of this to work with 6.0.6 or is the only solution to not use Umbraco 6+?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft