Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ali Sheikh Taheri 470 posts 1648 karma points c-trib
    Jan 10, 2013 @ 18:21
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

nuget umbraco 4.11.2 error

Hi, 

I am trying to install umbraco 4.11.2 via nuget and getting this error! any Idea?

Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Current has not been initialized. You must initialize Current before trying to read it.]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ResolverBase`1.get_Current() +189
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.BeginRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +390
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +165

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929
  • Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Jan 10, 2013 @ 22:44
    Jesper Ordrup

+1

Tested both VS2010 and VS2012 using Empty ASP.NET Web Application and Framework 4 and 4.5

Best

Jesper

• Jon 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 10:41
    Jon

Got the exact same error when using nuget.

Downloaded UmbracoCms.4.11.2.zip from http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/98167.
    Unpacked and copied all the files to the project in VS 2012, rebuilt and debugged. Then it worked as it should.

No idea whats causing the error.

Hope this helped.

// Jon

Jan 11, 2013 @ 10:43
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

Thanks Jon, 

I know I can do that, but I would like someone from core to fix it. instead of workaround 

Cheers

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Jan 23, 2013 @ 06:33
    wolulcmit

Yo Ali, long time no see!
    I had this problem with a recent version of umbraco. (4.10.1) I think.

In my case I hadnt copied over /Global.asax... so maybe check you've got that?
    other things to try, make sure you extract your zip file using .7z rather than the default extract all in windows else you can run into permission problems sometimes.

else upgrade to 4.11.3, maybe its not a problem anymore?

- Tim

Feb 07, 2013 @ 12:28
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

Hi Tim, yes long time no see  mate! 

I always use 7-zip as it gives a better and faster comperssion rate. yes the problem was that global.asax was left out in nuget. but I tried it with 4.11.2 and it was alright. 

Thanks

Ali

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 17:33
    Stephen Davidson

Hey all,

I just tried my first continuous integration with windows Azure palftorm, deploying from GitHub directly to Azure...managed to get a successfull deploy but have the above error.

Looking at the deployed files via FTP i can see that there is no Global.asax file there, tried to add it myself but whilst the site runs without error it just gives me a blank white page...

I am running umbraco v 4.11.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4715.27659)

Anyone any ideas on this?

Stephen

• Phil Dye 149 posts 325 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 12:26
    Phil Dye

I concur; the nuget package appears to not 'include' many files (including global.asax, the entire /install, /App_Browser, /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders), so without explicitly including those in the project, they don't get 'built' & deployed.

Phil

• Phil Dye 149 posts 325 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 12:34
    Phil Dye

I've created an issue; http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1913

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft